• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

A MUST HAVE!

"The Faith: The Grave" by Robert James Thoms

This book is truly amazing if you're seeking to become a spiritual person and want to acquire an understanding of how the various books of the bible teach spirituality.

This first of three volumes focuses largely on how Romans, Colossians, and Ephesians are instruction for the babes, young men and fathers in a respective manner, something I wasn't aware of.

It also shows how these three books equate with the law of Moses.

It shows the connection of the Gospel of John with the law of Moses.

It also has great tables that illustrate the various subject matter.

This book is a "must have" for the serious student of the word.

Peace!

What I like most about this book is that it is not recycling the same old thoughts of others concerning Scripture but contains fresh light on so many issues. For instance, he says the number 5 is the number of “separation,” whereas the traditional view is that 5 is the number of “responsibility.” His argument makes a lot of sense when he discusses it in light of the books of the Bible. He says the law of Moses consists of 5 books so as to separate it, or distinguish it, from the next series of books and so on.

I’ve read many, many books on Christianity, ranging from John Calvin to Watchman Nee and even Charles Caps, even though I don’t believe in the “Health and Wealth” gospel, but this is definitely the best I’ve read.

Highly Recommended!

Peace!