• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

A Committed Heart

Staff Member
And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it. If thou therefore wilt worship me, all shall be thine. Luke 4:6-7 KJV

From the time He arrived on earth, Jesus knew His ultimate mission—to live a perfectly sinless life and to die on a wooden cross to pay for our sins. Everything He did and said was with an eye toward glorifying God.

The devil also knew why Jesus came to earth, and that’s why he offered three temptations, all of which he cleverly designed to derail God’s plan for His Son. But each time the devil tempted Jesus—and make no mistake, these were very real temptations—He answered the devil by quoting the Bible bback to him (see Matthew 4:4,7,10). When He did that, He showed His commitment to do what His Father in heaven had sent Him to do.

We can and should be grateful that Jesus was so focused on His mission here on earth, that He was so committed to the will of His Father that in everything His heart attitude was “Not my will, but Yours be done.”

Prayer: Jesus, You were unshakably committed to doing the will of Your Father. Help me to remain committed to doing Your will every day.