• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Your Identity in Christ

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me was not without effect. No, I worked harder than all of them--yet not I, but the grace of God that was with me. 1 Corinthians 15:10

When you were born again of the Spirit (John 3:7-8) you gained a new identity in Christ. “If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new” (2 Corinthians 5:17). You are now attached to Christ the true vine and get your life and power from Him. That’s why Jesus said, “Apart from me you can do nothing” (John 15:5).

God has made each believer different and has a unique plan for your life. By the power of His Spirit, He enables you to fulfill your part in His great plan. It’s good to remember that whatever your gifts and talents, God is the one who is empowering you to do what you do. “Not that we are competent in ourselves to claim anything for ourselves, but our competence comes from God” (2 Corinthians 3:5).

You still have to work hard and do your best, but ultimately, it’s up to god to bring about the desired results. Knowing that He’s working through you allows you to trust Him and not worry about accomplishing things. Paul said that he “worked harder than all of them” (the other apostles), “yet not I, but the grace of God that was with me” (1 Corinthians 15:10)

May you find your identity and fulfillment in Christ!