• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community.

Join over 10,000 members today

Register Log In

• Hi Guest!

I've added a brand new "Night Mode" option to our site design. I'd greatly appreciate your vote on this poll here.

To switch to or from Light / Night mode simply click on Site Menu icon on top and on the dropdown choose "Switch to Night Mode" or "Switch to Light Mode"

Thank you.

Your Heart Could be Wrong

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
Now when the people saw that Moses delayed coming down from the mountain, the people gathered together to Aaron, and said to him, "Come, make us gods that shall go before us; for [as for] this Moses, the man who brought us up out of the land of Egypt, we do not know what has become of him."Exodus 32:1

God invited Moses to come and speak with Him on the mountain. While Moses was gone the people struggled to continue trusting God. They also struggled to trust Moses.

Finally, they asked Aaron to make a god of gold they could follow instead. It may come as a surprise, but Aaron gave in and made a golden calf and the people worshipped it. Maybe Aaron thought Moses wasn't coming back. Maybe he thought the people would rebel. Maybe he thought he would have to be their new leader.

The people of Israel stopped trusting that God has a promised land for them and decided they needed to follow their own hearts. God wasn't amused. Neither was Moses.

Don't settle for words that make you feel better about sin. Seek God's words. Discover the ways you're breaking God's law. Trust that He forgives and can help you in all future decisions.

Prayer: Lord, I want to remember that You're the only God worth following. You've given guidance in the Bible that helps me know what to do and what to avoid. May I refuse to think I can accept only the rules I like or can make up my own rules.