• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Your God, Your Provider

Staff Member
Ask the LORD for rain in the spring, for he makes the storm clouds. And he will send showers of rain so every field becomes a lush pasture. Zechariah 10:1 NLT

Have you ever been in a place financially where you felt like you had nowhere to turn? In a place where you wondered how you'd manage to pay all your monthly bills with enough left over to feed your family?

If so, you would be far from the first, and that's why Jesus once told His followers, “Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? (Matthew 6:26 NKJV).

Jesus' point? God is aware of your needs, and He wants to meet them.

You, however, have an advantage birds don't when you're in need. God has created you to relate with Him as a son relates to his father, and that includes the ability to ask Him for what you need, knowing He wants to provide for you.

When you're under stress, wondering how you're going to get by financially, keep your eyes on your heavenly Father, not on your circumstances. God provides for the birds, so you can count on Him to provide for you too.

Prayer: Lord, help me to look beyond my circumstances and trust You as my Provider.