• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Your Faith Legacy

Staff Member
"Do not be like your fathers, to whom the former prophets preached, saying, 'Thus says the LORD of hosts: "Turn now from your evil ways and your evil deeds." ' But they did not hear nor heed Me," says the LORD. Zechariah 1:4 NKJV

Israel strayed from the Lord almost every generation. They might honor and obey Him for a time, only to get lost and go back to their sinful, evil ways. In today’s key verse, the prophet Zechariah delivered a familiar call from the Lord to leave behind the wicked ways of their ancestors and turn back to Him.

You may have noticed a similar pattern in your own family heritage. You’ve heard plenty of heartbreaking stories, maybe even over the past couple of days as you celebrated the Christmas season with family members. Thankfully, you don’t have to be like your ancestors who lived far from the Lord.

Instead, heed the Lord’s warning: “Where are your ancestors now? They and the prophets are long dead. But everything I said through my servants the prophets happened to your ancestors, just as I said” (Zechariah 1:5-6 NLT).

What sort of fail-safes can you put into place for your family now, as your contemplate heading into the new year, so that generations from now your immediate family will be remembered for the right reasons?

Prayer: Lord, may my immediate family shun the evil practices of our ancestors so we can walk in ways that please You.