• Hi Guest!

You may be aware that "big tech" has been aggressively censoring conservatives on Twitter, Facebook, Google, Instagram, YouTube and other social media platforms. This is tyrannical and suppressive towards Christians and conservatives.

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

You will be hated by everyone because of My name, but the one who perseveres to the end will be saved.

Active
And Jesus said:
17But beware of men: for they will deliver you up to the councils, and they will scourge you in their synagogues;
18And you shall be brought before governors and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them and the Gentiles.
19But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what you shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what you shall speak.

20For it is not you that speak, but the Spirit of your Father who speaks through you.
21And the brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death.
22And you shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endures to the end shall be saved.

28And fear not them who kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul:
but rather fear him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

(John 16).
1These things have I spoken unto you, that ye should not be offended. 2They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service. 3And these things will they do unto you, because they have not known the Father, nor me. 4But these things have I told you, that when the time shall come, ye may remember that I told you of them. And these things I said not unto you at the beginning, because I was with you.
5But now I go my way to him that sent me; and none of you asketh me, Whither goest thou? 6But because I have said these things unto you, sorrow hath filled your heart. 7Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. 8And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: 9Of sin, because they believe not on me; 10Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more; 11Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.

12I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. 13Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come,"HE WILL" guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

New American Standard Bible
"He who is of God hears the words of God; for this reason you do not hear them, because you are not of God."
New King James Version
He who is of God hears God’s words; therefore you do not hear, because you are not of God.”

Active
And Jesus said:
17But beware of men: for they will deliver you up to the councils, and they will scourge you in their synagogues;
18And you shall be brought before governors and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them and the Gentiles.
19But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what you shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what you shall speak.
20For it is not you that speak, but the Spirit of your Father who speaks through you.
21And the brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death.
22And you shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endures to the end shall be saved.

28And fear not them who kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul:
but rather fear him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

(John 16).
1These things have I spoken unto you, that ye should not be offended. 2They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service. 3And these things will they do unto you, because they have not known the Father, nor me. 4But these things have I told you, that when the time shall come, ye may remember that I told you of them. And these things I said not unto you at the beginning, because I was with you.
5But now I go my way to him that sent me; and none of you asketh me, Whither goest thou? 6But because I have said these things unto you, sorrow hath filled your heart. 7Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. 8And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: 9Of sin, because they believe not on me; 10Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more; 11Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.

12I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. 13Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come,"HE WILL" guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

New American Standard Bible
"He who is of God hears the words of God; for this reason you do not hear them, because you are not of God."
New King James Version
He who is of God hears God’s words; therefore you do not hear, because you are not of God.”
Hello @PloughBoy,

Who was the Lord Jesus directing these words to in Matthew 10, and John 16, that you have quoted? Was it not to His twelve disciples? Whom, in Matthew 10:1, we read He called aside, empowered and sent forth among 'the lost sheep of the house of Israel' (v.6) to preach 'The Kingdom of God is at hand' (v.7), and to work miracles in His Name. It is they who were to be hated for His Name's sake.

'He that is of God heareth God's words:
ye therefore hear them not,
because ye are not of God.'
(Joh 8:47)

* This was spoken to the Scribes and Pharisees.

* I believe that we should take care to observe who was speaking? To whom? At what time? And application made of what is written as appropriate, with that knowledge in mind. For though all Scripture is 'For' us (for our learning), not all in 'About' us.

* Matthew 10:22, ' And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.' The word, 'saved', in this verse is not referring to the salvation of the soul is it? But to the deliverance of those to whom the context applies. For salvation is secured by the blood of Christ, not by the endurance of the believer, it is not influenced by any work done by man, but is entirely a work of God Himself, in and through Christ Jesus, His Beloved Son.

* Matthew 10:28, ' And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.' - Yes, this is Whom we have to 'fear' and not man. For if God be for us who can be against us? (Romans 8:31). The soul that sinneth it shall die' (Ezekiel 18:4), it will not be raised to life eternal. Eternal life is a gift from God received through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Praise His Holy Name!

Thank you,
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:
Active
Hi Chris, I am sorry, now I am not being rude, I can read, and most likely everybody on "TalkJesus" can. And The Bible, I believe is "Written by men Divinely inspired by GOD" For The "True Children of GOD" who are not "Handicapped in any form in this age that they are not capable to read or hear "His written word in their common everyday Language forever reason it maybe. So in essence The "Holy Spirit" I believe, is able to convey The Truth of GOD to their "finite mind" with no problem and He does not need any help from us to get GOD's message across to whom He choose who is the intended target and He does not "Miss the MArk"! And I have been keeping my eyes on you, because i do like your style. You are interesting, my brother in Christ. and You know these things!
(2 Cor.4).
13But having the same spirit of faith, according to that which is written, I believed, and therefore did I speak; we also believe, and therefore also we speak;

And stop talking about that "Elementary grade school" thought pattern! thinking! "You stllll got milk on your breath", I sorry, my brothers and sisters in Christ has to be rest asured, "The Veil in The Temple" has been torn into! And GOD our Father and Jesus Christ the Son of The Living GOD, who is our Brother does not speak to HIs "Children" "In a Language or a form that they do not understand"!

So in essence, I believe you are trying to say; That in post 1# is in error and not of GOD but from the DEVIL and that proves I am a deceiver and Leading The Children of GOD astray. And that is the Doctrine of DEVILS you are proclaiming in a "Emily Post" way.

Matthew was written" around 50 AD. Jesus Died on the cross around 32 AD. and there sure was no "Printing press" or "Paper" neither a "Pony Express" around 50 AD. And "The Gospel according to Apostle John" was not written until around 85-90 AD. and the "Gutenberg" still had not arrived or "Buffalo Bill" either. And the "Acts of The Apostles was not written until around 60 AD. And when Jesus walked the earth and sent The 70 out, They did not have the "HOLY SPIRIT" in them, "Jesus sent them out not in "His humanity" but in HIs "Divinity" He gave them a "Divine Command"! For Not only was He 100% Man, He was also 100% GOD! And When GOD speaks! STUFF happens!!! Worlds comes into existence, Water comes out of ROCKS! The Earth Stops Turning on It's Axis and makes it appears That the "SUN" is standing still!

Summary: Things are not always what they seem. or appear.

And the Bible said:
New American Standard 1977
So the sun stood still, and the moon stopped, Until the nation avenged themselves of their enemies.Is it not written in the book of Jashar? And the sun stopped in the middle of the sky, and did not hasten to go down for about a whole day. (Joshua 10:13).

[
The Sun Never moves, The Earth stopped turning! It seem that The SUN stop in the middle of The sky, and it did, But in actuality, The Greatest Miracle, was "GOD Stop The Earth on it's Axis" HE stop the World from Turning and It did not cause Chaos!].

Did it take all that, to reply to your Post #2? Yep! :p
"For The Edification of The "Saints" and not those of this World"

Now I know I have a "speck" in my eye. But I am wondering , notice: I said wondering!

1“Do not judge so that you will not be judged. 2“For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you. 3“Why do you look at the speck that is in your brother’s eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? 4“Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ and behold, the log is in your own eye? 5“You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother’s eye.
6“Do not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw your pearls before swine, or they will trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces.

I do like you. and that is for real, So I do hope you do not grow any" Red horns" and start puffing smoke and snorting. If you have any Ice Cream in the fridge, would you not mind, setting down by the table and look out the window and have a bowl. And think and ponder a little bit. I sure would appreciate it.

Have a nice day.

For if God be for us who can be against us? "The world, The flesh, and Satan"
PS. My Name is "Chris" too! I just notice, your are a female, i am so sorry i thought you where male. I never would have spoken in male terms. But you are good, and I like your appoach to the word of God. "Iron sharpens Iron".

Active
Hi Chris, I am sorry, now I am not being rude, I can read, and most likely everybody on "TalkJesus" can. And The Bible, I believe is "Written by men Divinely inspired by GOD" For The "True Children of GOD" who are not "Handicapped in any form in this age that they are not capable to read or hear "His written word in their common everyday Language forever reason it maybe. So in essence The "Holy Spirit" I believe, is able to convey The Truth of GOD to their "finite mind" with no problem and He does not need any help from us to get GOD's message across to whom He choose who is the intended target and He does not "Miss the MArk"! And I have been keeping my eyes on you, because i do like your style. You are interesting, my brother in Christ. and You know these things!
(2 Cor.4).
13But having the same spirit of faith, according to that which is written, I believed, and therefore did I speak; we also believe, and therefore also we speak;

And stop talking about that "Elementary grade school" thought pattern! thinking! "You stllll got milk on your breath", I sorry, my brothers and sisters in Christ has to be rest asured, "The Veil in The Temple" has been torn into! And GOD our Father and Jesus Christ the Son of The Living GOD, who is our Brother does not speak to HIs "Children" "In a Language or a form that they do not understand"!

So in essence, I believe you are trying to say; That in post 1# is in error and not of GOD but from the DEVIL and that proves I am a deceiver and Leading The Children of GOD astray. And that is the Doctrine of DEVILS you are proclaiming in a "Emily Post" way.

Matthew was written" around 50 AD. Jesus Died on the cross around 32 AD. and there sure was no "Printing press" or "Paper" neither a "Pony Express" around 50 AD. And "The Gospel according to Apostle John" was not written until around 85-90 AD. and the "Gutenberg" still had not arrived or "Buffalo Bill" either. And the "Acts of The Apostles was not written until around 60 AD. And when Jesus walked the earth and sent The 70 out, They did not have the "HOLY SPIRIT" in them, "Jesus sent them out not in "His humanity" but in HIs "Divinity" He gave them a "Divine Command"! For Not only was He 100% Man, He was also 100% GOD! And When GOD speaks! STUFF happens!!! Worlds comes into existence, Water comes out of ROCKS! The Earth Stops Turning on It's Axis and makes it appears That the "SUN" is standing still!

Summary: Things are not always what they seem. or appear.

And the Bible said:
New American Standard 1977
So the sun stood still, and the moon stopped, Until the nation avenged themselves of their enemies.Is it not written in the book of Jashar? And the sun stopped in the middle of the sky, and did not hasten to go down for about a whole day. (Joshua 10:13).

[
The Sun Never moves, The Earth stopped turning! It seem that The SUN stop in the middle of The sky, and it did, But in actuality, The Greatest Miracle, was "GOD Stop The Earth on it's Axis" HE stop the World from Turning and It did not cause Chaos!].

Did it take all that, to reply to your Post #2? Yep! :p
"For The Edification of The "Saints" and not those of this World"

Now I know I have a "speck" in my eye. But I am wondering , notice: I said wondering!

1“Do not judge so that you will not be judged. 2“For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you. 3“Why do you look at the speck that is in your brother’s eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? 4“Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ and behold, the log is in your own eye? 5“You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother’s eye.
6“Do not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw your pearls before swine, or they will trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces.

I do like you. and that is for real, So I do hope you do not grow any" Red horns" and start puffing smoke and snorting. If you have any Ice Cream in the fridge, would you not mind, setting down by the table and look out the window and have a bowl. And think and ponder a little bit. I sure would appreciate it.

Have a nice day.

For if God be for us who can be against us? "The world, The flesh, and Satan"
PS. My Name is "Chris" too! I just notice, your are a female, i am so sorry i thought you where male. I never would have spoken in male terms. But you are good, and I like your appoach to the word of God. "Iron sharpens Iron".
Hello @PloughBoy,(Chris)

I did not think those things of you.

I read the Scriptures that you posted in your OP, wondering why you had entered them, and looked at the words you had highlighted to try to understand why? Then I looked at the Scriptures themselves in their context, and responded to your OP with them in mind.

* You are a fellow believer in the Lord Jesus Christ, therefore you are God's workmanship in Christ Jesus, as I am.

May His Name be Praised!

Thank you - it's good to know you.
Within the love of Christ our Saviour,
our risen and glorified
Saviour, Lord and Head.
Chris

Active
Hello @PloughBoy,(Chris)

I did not think those things of you.

I read the Scriptures that you posted in your OP, wondering why you had entered them, and looked at the words you had highlighted to try to understand why? Then I looked at the Scriptures themselves in their context, and responded to your OP with them in mind.

* You are a fellow believer in the Lord Jesus Christ, therefore you are God's workmanship in Christ Jesus, as I am.

May His Name be Praised!

Thank you - it's good to know you.
Within the love of Christ our Saviour,
our risen and glorified
Saviour, Lord and Head.
Chris
Shalom