• Hi Guest!

You may be aware that "big tech" has been aggressively censoring conservatives on Twitter, Facebook, Google, Instagram, YouTube and other social media platforms. This is tyrannical and suppressive towards Christians and conservatives.

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

You Just Keep Standing

Staff Member
Therefore, take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm. Ephesians 6:13

He’d been homeless, but his life changed when he met two men who joined him around a fifty-five-gallon oil drum warming their hands in a barrel fire in the inner city. One began to sing, and he eventually joined in. Quiet and a bit reluctantly at first, the song’s beauty began to be filled with brushstrokes of harmony and soul that provided an authentic polish to the rusty voices that rarely spoke.

This trio was discovered by someone passing by, and they recorded a CD. One of the songs was written on the foundation of standing firm by using God’s full armor. This man said in a raspy voice, “Evil days are bound to come, so stand your ground. And when you’ve done everything you can, why, you just keep standing.”

This man and the impromptu musical group soon faced back into obscurity, and even their names were eventually forgotten, but their lesson endures forever.

This man’s faith was tested on streets paved with disappointments and hide-and-seek opportunities. His hope came in spurts. His future seemed bleak. And in the midst of much personal opposition, he said what Christians should always say when facing opposition: “When you’ve done everything you can, why, you just keep standing.”

Therefore, take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm. Ephesians 6:13

He’d been homeless, but his life changed when he met two men who joined him around a fifty-five-gallon oil drum warming their hands in a barrel fire in the inner city. One began to sing, and he eventually joined in. Quiet and a bit reluctantly at first, the song’s beauty began to be filled with brushstrokes of harmony and soul that provided an authentic polish to the rusty voices that rarely spoke.

This trio was discovered by someone passing by, and they recorded a CD. One of the songs was written on the foundation of standing firm by using God’s full armor. This man said in a raspy voice, “Evil days are bound to come, so stand your ground. And when you’ve done everything you can, why, you just keep standing.”

This man and the impromptu musical group soon faced back into obscurity, and even their names were eventually forgotten, but their lesson endures forever.

This man’s faith was tested on streets paved with disappointments and hide-and-seek opportunities. His hope came in spurts. His future seemed bleak. And in the midst of much personal opposition, he said what Christians should always say when facing opposition: “When you’ve done everything you can, why, you just keep standing.”
Hmm, can you explain what this event is supposed to inpart, I'm confused. Is it a story that's supposed to give hope to people in a hopeless place? Because more than not, most people in situations like this just perish.
It doesn't fill me with confidence that I could really hold on to the same hope as those of that story, unless your God would treat me the same way.

Staff Member
Hello @cmd73
Regardless of the situation trust in the Lord, being faithful even to the end.
We're all going to die one day. How, we die, is another thing, regardless if we're remembered by the world for it or not.

The confidence is that God is faithful. It may not always appear to us that He is, to ourselves or to others. Keeping in mind that each individual situation is unique, and only God is omniscient to determine the fit outcome for them. Still, for those in Christ Jesus, ultimately we will be called, as I mentioned in my opening and this devotional verse from Ephesians 6:13; regardless of the situation to stand faithful.

I'm sorry that you could not stand in "a" moment of trial that was upon you. Not everyone can. Still, like Peter, until your last breath, you will have the opportunity to turn back to Him. Even though you might have felt rejected, ignored, or you run away, denounce Him etc. Know as God has seen your turning away from Him. He still will not turn away from you. You still can reach out to Him. When I first came to the Lord, it was awesome, but then I ran away. Did a complete 180. I turned back to the things I had stopped doing, and became a shell of a person. Hedonistic in many respects. Still, He did not desert me, even when I left him so totally. Today I can say I rejoice at times in what some can say are the worse of circumstances. For I am not the man I was yesterday, and won't be tomorrow the man I am today. Growth has been happening every since. However, it was necessary that instead of the turning/staying with they ways of the world. I turned back to Him. I'm not perfect like some say they are ;), very happy for those who are. I'm just in the process of working my way there. With a little help from my Friend. :)

Hope and pray that you will do that 180 again and come back to Him. He will be waiting.

With the Love of Christ Jesus.
Nick
<><