• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Yet another false teacher

Active
Because miracles are meant for the unbelievers. Doesn't mean we shouldn't believe for them.

And if you pray for family and friends, you don't want to pray for them to be healed halfway or a week down the road. I didn't realize this was how I prayed, but how I was thinking when I prayed "Your will be done, Father."

Well, is it God's will to heal? Shouldn't we be specific as to what we desire in prayer? We are to come boldly before Him, correct? Is there anything wrong in praying for God to completely heal someone?
Because miracles are meant for the unbelievers

Wondering where you got that idea.

Well, is it God's will to heal?

I can confidently say the majority of your prayers do NOT result in instant healing, if they did you would be telling me the great events at the hospital. I would wager the same is true of your church.

So I'll ask you is it God's will to heal ? If yes I refer you to the above mentioned hospital challenge.

Is there anything wrong in praying for God to completely heal someone?

All healing comes from God , but if you're inferring that it is always God's will to heal all as some shout ( BY HIS STRIPES,,,) why arent you more successful? . Back to the hospital challenge.

Active
Because miracles are meant for the unbelievers

Wondering where you got that idea.

Well, is it God's will to heal?

I can confidently say the majority of your prayers do NOT result in instant healing, if they did you would be telling me the great events at the hospital. I would wager the same is true of your church.

So I'll ask you is it God's will to heal ? If yes I refer you to the above mentioned hospital challenge.

Is there anything wrong in praying for God to completely heal someone?

All healing comes from God , but if you're inferring that it is always God's will to heal all as some shout ( BY HIS STRIPES,,,) why arent you more successful? . Back to the hospital challenge.
All I can say is I believe it is God's will to heal according to His Word. I may never see an entire hospital cleared out, but that doesn't stop me from believing God can do it. He is that awesome and that can happen. And maybe we don't want that bad enough to earnestly pray. I don't know all of that. But I don't believe that God's good, pleasing, and perfect will involves sickness. I don't.

Active
All I can say is I believe it is God's will to heal according to His Word. I may never see an entire hospital cleared out, but that doesn't stop me from believing God can do it. He is that awesome and that can happen. And maybe we don't want that bad enough to earnestly pray. I don't know all of that. But I don't believe that God's good, pleasing, and perfect will involves sickness. I don't.
Remember the man blind from birth ?

"As he passed by, he saw a man blind from birth. And his disciples asked him, 'Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?' Jesus answered, 'It was not that this man sinned, or his parents, but that the works of God might be displayed in him'

Perhaps someday you can tell him he was blind because he was 'out of the will of God'. or lack faith.

None of the cliches will work. This is apostolic revelation and directly contrary to what you said above. I suggest you conform to Scripture. You'll like this even less: I dont think it is stated anywhere in Scripture directly but I do know that God orders history and I reckon more often than not had the disciples asked this same question they would have received a similar response. Laz was raised by the sovereign will of God, there is no doubt, and if a sparrow doesnt fall out side of God certainly Laz didnt either. Sickness isnt in view here but you already know that Pilate .Caiaphas and Judas all performed God's will yes ?

Remember the man blind from birth ?
[...]
None of the cliches will work. This is apostolic revelation and directly contrary to what you said above. I suggest you conform to Scripture. You'll like this even less: I dont think it is stated anywhere in Scripture directly but I do know that God orders history and I reckon more often than not had the disciples asked this same question they would have received a similar response. Laz was raised by the sovereign will of God, there is no doubt, and if a sparrow doesn't fall out side of God certainly Laz didn't either. Sickness isnt in view here but you already know that Pilate .Caiaphas and Judas all performed God's will yes ?
the only example that indicates it might have been God's will* that a man be born blind: specifically so Jesus could prove to the world he can give a man sight.
*and that is not what it says. it simply says that no sin was involved by him or his parents* in producing a man born blind.
*what about his grandparents?

then.. wouldn't it follow that everyone born with deficiencies because of God's will be healed by a Christian for the purpose of proving to the world that Jesus has authority over sickness and health?

or would someone's lack of faith hinder the process?

what i do know, is arrogant people on both sides of many arguments have hindered others from acting on their faith, and the word of faith movement is but one of many extremes.

there are women teaching that you can give birth without pain if you have sufficient faith for example, i don't think i need to mention that's controversial.
i'm reasonably certain i was cured of the herpes virus which i got from someone i had a relationship with when i was 4-7yrs old, and i prayed about that matter before i even suspected her motives were evil.
i don't know of any testimony of people cured of stds by forgiving their abuser, but i suspect many have been but are afraid to say so.
I have definitely have never heard of anyone cured of an std if they contracted it through willful sin on their part.

Active
the only example that indicates it might have been God's will* that a man be born blind: specifically so Jesus could prove to the world he can give a man sight.
*and that is not what it says. it simply says that no sin was involved by him or his parents* in producing a man born blind.

then.. wouldn't it follow that everyone born with deficiencies because of God's will be healed by a Christian for the purpose of proving to the world that Jesus has authority over sickness and health?

what i do know, is arrogant people on both sides of many arguments have hindered others from acting on their faith, and the word of faith movement is but one of many extremes.

there are women teaching that you can give birth without pain if you have sufficient faith for example, i don't think i need to mention that's controversial.
i'm reasonably certain i was cured of the herpes virus which i got from someone i had a relationship with when i was 4-7yrs old, and i prayed about that matter before i even suspected her motives were evil.
i don't know of any testimony of people cured of stds by forgiving their abuser, but i suspect many have been but are afraid to say so.
I have definitely have never heard of anyone cured of an std if they contracted it through willful sin on their part.

but that the works of God might be displayed in him'

Thats about as plain as it gets and since Jesus didnt mention his grand parents I think you should take a hint there.

God managed to create the universe without help from any man, He can do as He pleases

God managed to create the universe without help from any man, He can do as He pleases
btw it is very hard to read your blue text.

with that attitude, faith has no part in anything.

again, wouldn't it follow that everyone born with deficiencies because/by of God's will be healed by a Christian for the purpose of proving to the world that Jesus has authority over sickness and health?

Active
btw it is very hard to read your blue text.

again, wouldn't it follow that everyone born with deficiencies because/by of God's will be healed by a Christian for the purpose of proving to the world that Jesus has authority over sickness and health?

I asked on another thread about the folks like Laz who were raised from the dead. What did they do to show or exercise their faith ? Or the beggar of Acts 3?

Jesus healed a lot of people, and also left many sick, but I dont think I m grasping what you re asking about. That said the man in the passage , we are told by Christ Himself, was placed there in need of healing , like it or not.

Colors,,, I forget some folks use the dark screen .