• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow

Sometimes we come across secular writings like song lyrics or poems and they may offer some good advice or have some relevant meaning, but I like to percieve it from a biblical sense and put the Lord at the meaning behind the words. I read this and thought straight away of several scriptures.

Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow
There are two days in every week that we should not worry about, two days that should be kept free from fear and apprehension.
One is YESTERDAY, with its mistakes and cares, its faults and blunders, its aches and pains. Yesterday has passed forever beyond our control.
All the money in the world cannot bring back yesterday. We cannot undo a single act we performed. Nor can we erase a single word we've said - yesterday is gone!
The other day we shouldn't worry about is TOMORROW, with
its impossible adversaries, its burden, its hopeful promise and poor performance. Tomorrow is beyond our control.
Tomorrow's sun will rise either in splendor or behind a mask of clouds - but it will rise. And until it does, we have no stake in tormorrow, for it is yet unborn.
This leaves only one day - TODAY. Any person can fight the battles of just one day. It is only when we add the burdens of yesterday and tomorrow that we break down.
It is not the experience of today that drives people mad - it is the remorse of bitterness for something which happened yesterday, and the dread of what tomorrow may bring.
Let us, therefore, live one day at a time! (author unknown)

Here's what God says about tomorrow
Matt 6:34 "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own"

Prov 27:1 "Do not boast about tomorrow for you do not know what a day may bring forth"

about yesterday
Phil 3:13 "......forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead"

Isaiah 43:18 "forget the former things, do not dwell on the past"

about today
Psalms 118:24 "This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it"

all three...
Hebrews 13:8 "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, and today and forever"

I know there are more scriptures about yesterday, today and tomorrow, or reference about past, present and future, anyone want to add to this list. I thought it would be fun.

:shade: Calluna