• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Would you say this to your kids?

1. 'Die to yourself.'
2. 'You are a sinner.'

Let's see where this goes. I can explain what I'm looking at, but i'll wait to see what you guys learn from these two questions.

Active
I told my second born son YH is not about a religious organization. He wants a personal relationship with ya He knows you.. you must spend time in the Word n feed your spirit for it's more important then the food you eat because your hungry.. He is actually blossoming in the Word alot more then i could have ever asked YH for..
I am hoping for a chance to talk to my other three in the same manner but it's all in YHs Hands at this time

:broken_heart:

I told my second born son YH is not about a religious organization. He wants a personal relationship with ya He knows you.. you must spend time in the Word n feed your spirit for it's more important then the food you eat because your hungry.. He is actually blossoming in the Word alot more then i could have ever asked YH for..
I am hoping for a chance to talk to my other three in the same manner but it's all in YHs Hands at this time

:broken_heart:

Good. I had some fire prepared for anything other than a wholesome response like this.

RAISE them UP in the way they should go and when they are older they will not depart from it.

These terms that I chose are anchors.

Children cannot be sinners (their conscious and morality is still infantile)
Not every child was concieved in sin (out of wedlock)
Not every person is a sinner (the righteous fall 7 times (repents) and gets up 8
The born again redeemed of God are the redeemed, not sinners

If you wouldn't say it to your own kids, then it definitely shouldn't be said to people you don't know. We do not know the status of someone's walk with God. Only they and God know.

Please for the love of God let's begin understanding how sacred and powerful God's Word is so that 'we' don't unintentionally kill people's spirit..

Equip the Saints with truth.. not opinions. Sinners are very well described in psalms and proverbs and it is actually terrifying.

I'm tired so I'm going to leave it at that. Don't let nobody teach your family a false jesus and make sure to spend time with Jesus so that you nor they are decieved by the decieved.

Active
These terms that I chose are anchors.

Children cannot be sinners (their conscious and morality is still infantile)

100% correct. God spared all under twenty in the wilderness Num 14:29, God is impartial Acts 10:34. All 0-19 are exempt from God's judgement.

All children who die will go straight to heaven and be tested another day. The millennium is the period in which all not yet tested will be tested. As scripture says in Rev 20:7 'the devil is released from the abyss to test mankind for the last time'.

Not every child was concieved in sin (out of wedlock)

100% correct. Nobody is born with sin. We are all born in a sinful environment.

Scripture is crystal clear that God is a righteous judge Job 34:12 and that you will be judged on your sins Rom 2:6. IE, nobody, absolutely nobody is guilty of originial sin except for Adam and Eve.

Not every person is a sinner (the righteous fall 7 times (repents) and gets up 8

Not sure I agree here. We are all sinners. Sinners under twenty are exempt from judgement.

All have sinned Rom 3:23. Only God is good and without sin Mark 10:18.

The born again redeemed of God are the redeemed, not sinners

Not sure I agree here either. Only God is good and perfect, as Jesus clearly states in Mark 10:18. We are made perfect to God if born again. Not, perfect like God. To be without sin is to be perfect like God. We are only perfect 'to' God. Perfect because we are washed by the blood of Jesus.

IE We are sinners, made perfect to God. IE We never stop sinning. Very controversial statement I know, perhaps a discussion for another thread.

If you wouldn't say it to your own kids, then it definitely shouldn't be said to people you don't know. We do not know the status of someone's walk with God. Only they and God know.

Disagree. Jesus says we know someone by their fruits Matt 7:15.

Please for the love of God let's begin understanding how sacred and powerful God's Word is so that 'we' don't unintentionally kill people's spirit..

Agreed. But don't be fooled as to how much children can grasp. Be careful of not going from one extreme to another.

Equip the Saints with truth.. not opinions. Sinners are very well described in psalms and proverbs and it is actually terrifying.

Please could you better explain. We are all sinners.

I can agree that sin is sin and sin has degrees. Adam and Eve were guilty of simply eating forbidden fruit. A very small sin. Jesus says that thoughts can be sinful Matt 5:28.

I'm tired so I'm going to leave it at that. Don't let nobody teach your family a false jesus and make sure to spend time with Jesus so that you nor they are decieved by the decieved.

False teachers will get their punishment. A special punishment is waiting for them according to Rev 22:19.

Active
1. 'Die to yourself.'
2. 'You are a sinner.
3. 'Believe in yourself.'

I have taught 1 and 2. Important to explain things to kids. I teach my kids to always ask 'why'.

3, I would never teach that. We must believe in Jesus and God. We are full of mistakes. God strengthens us and lifts us up. God created us. All glory goes to Him. ''Believe in yourself'' sounds like it can lead to vanity.

I know that all have sinned, but to be a sinner means to remain a sinner.

When said 'then it definitely shouldn't be said to people you don't know' I was specifically speaking of the words 'sinner' and 'die to yourself.'

I must agree, I have made an error in my statement. Thank you.

Equip the Saints with truth means .. actually I don't know.

However, when Jesus was confronted about His welcoming and eating with sinners, he said it is not the healthy who are in need of a physician, but the sick. If you are redeemed, you're not sick anymore; you have been healed. It doesn't mean you won't make a mistake or take a plunge, but it does mean that you'll overcome any sin in you that you become aware of (being true to the Father).

I apologize for not presenting more coherency in this thread. I have much to learn, but it really upset me to see teenagers calling themselves unworthy. I truly can not express the depth of discouragement I recieved from this. I couldn't listen to it without becoming enraged because there is nothing in The Lord's teachings that indicate that one must perpetually identify with being a sinner over being sons and daughters of our Holy Father.

I Am certain that it is possible to overcome sin and completely shut the gates of hell. Jesus gave us all we need to do it.

I wo
I have taught 1 and 2. Important to explain things to kids. I teach my kids to always ask 'why'.

3, I would never teach that. We must believe in Jesus and God. We are full of mistakes. God strengthens us and lifts us up. God created us. All glory goes to Him. ''Believe in yourself'' sounds like it can lead to vanity.

I would not teach #1 or #2 to my kids, but I would teach #3.

Here is why:

The young are clean, as in not 'self' defiled by conforming to and living with the waves of the sea.

They neither are a sinner nor have need to die to themselves; when The Lord builds the house they are the house.

I would teach them to believe in themselves, and to believe in the prompting and guidance of their spirit which is rooted in Jesus and Father's teachings.

If the kids are raised up in the teachings of Jesus Christ and God the Father, then they don't need to 'put on' the new 'self,' which is in Jesus Christ, even as the Gospel says 'put on Jesus Christ.'

There is evidently a process in teaching the Gospel according to all situations.

There is a way, but it seens to have been suppressed.

Well, that's what I have on these anchors right now.

Well that sounds like a topic all on its own. Why were saying that? what was the context?
Have you heard of the words False Evidence Appearing Real?

Here is an example of a child identifying with God in the same way that they'd observed many adults do: Have I received a... spiritual gift?!

It is unacceptable.

See, when a child is brought up through the ministry of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, the way He intended it to be, how exactly do we give God space to build in them if you or I become the reason that they 'think' they are sinners and they put this terrible title on themselves (quoting: 'sinful Child of God') when they may actually be God's Saints? Yet, if the young take up the title of sinner and they are confused and conflicted because there is no evidence, as there is with actual sinners, how then do they recieve the confidence and security God alone has for them when all the ministers are decieved?

I must say again,

A sinner ignores the Holy Spirit and that makes them sinners. In the New Testament is clearly states that all have sinned. Okay. Where does it say that all are sinners?

Here we have truth: 1 John 3:7, which reads, "Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous"

This is it really.

Truly it is ridiculous and very sad that a child repeats some of the shameful things they've heard in churches or from ministers and actually identifies with the lies because of fear and confusion and misrepresented teachings.

God is way better and far greater than He has been 'made' out to be. The true Father, and the true Son, whose love is SO GREAT that sin can not abide in their presence, who are able to wash clean and redeem sinners from the grave, how much more do they do for their children, the Saints?

These kids need real ministers to equip them instead of giving them rotten fruit.

Loyal
I've raised three children and never told any of them to die to themselves, or that they are sinners.

But when things go wrong in the family we bring it to God in repentance. I see my role as father to support them in following Jesus, and to be a practical real-life demonstration of Jesus' teaching.

One of my three is very confident and I've never felt the need to say "believe in yourself"; the other two I often encourage to trust in their abilities and to challenge themselves.

Jesus didn't shy from naming the sins of people who assumed they were righteous before others and before God. But of the little ones he said: ‘Let the little children come to me, and do not stop them; for it is to such as these that the kingdom of heaven belongs.’

@twcstp I'd be interested to know how you distinguish between "sinner" and "a person who sins".

Active
Have you heard of the words False Evidence Appearing Real?

Here is an example of a child identifying with God in the same way that they'd observed many adults do: Have I received a... spiritual gift?!

It is unacceptable.

See, when a child is brought up through the ministry of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, the way He intended it to be, how exactly do we give God space to build in them if you or I become the reason that they 'think' they are sinners and they put this terrible title on themselves (quoting: 'sinful Child of God') when they may actually be God's Saints? Yet, if the young take up the title of sinner and they are confused and conflicted because there is no evidence, as there is with actual sinners, how then do they recieve the confidence and security God alone has for them when all the ministers are decieved?

I must say again,

A sinner ignores the Holy Spirit and that makes them sinners. In the New Testament is clearly states that all have sinned. Okay. Where does it say that all are sinners?

Here we have truth: 1 John 3:7, which reads, "Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous"

This is it really.

Truly it is ridiculous and very sad that a child repeats some of the shameful things they've heard in churches or from ministers and actually identifies with the lies because of fear and confusion and misrepresented teachings.

God is way better and far greater than He has been 'made' out to be. The true Father, and the true Son, whose love is SO GREAT that sin can not abide in their presence, who are able to wash clean and redeem sinners from the grave, how much more do they do for their children, the Saints?

These kids need real ministers to equip them instead of giving them rotten fruit.

Timothy was 17.

A lot of children and adults I guess attend churches where scriptural teaching is weak. If children grow up in a proper church with sound teaching, they would not make a post as silly as the one you linked.

If we ignore children for a second. Paul says he was the chiefest of sinners and look at what God used Him for.

Active
1. 'Die to yourself.'
2. 'You are a sinner.'

Let's see where this goes. I can explain what I'm looking at, but i'll wait to see what you guys learn from these two questions.
Of Course, and a good deal more than that along the same lines. Their lives depend on it.