• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Would You Be A Go-To Christian?

Staff Member
My eyes fail from weeping, my emotions are deeply disturbed, my heart is poured out upon the ground [in grief] because of the destruction of the daughter of my people, because infants and nurslings faint in the streets of the city. Lamentations 2:11 AMPC

Jeremiah is known as the “weeping prophet.” Lamentations 1-2 will give you an idea why. Jerusalem. Her roads are said to be weepy, empty of pilgrims headed to feasts. Her city gates are deserted. And, Jeremiah says, “The Lord has scorned, rejected, and cast off His altar; He has abhorred and disowned His sanctuary. He has given into the hand of the enemy the walls of her palaces [and high buildings]; they have raised a clamor in the house of the Lord as on a day of a solemn appointed feast.” Lamentations 2:7.

Imagine how you would react if the church in America were in shambles. Imagine if worship services were silent, pews were empty, and the doors were locked. And finally, imagine it was the church’s fault. How could you not weep over such a scenario?

Even if all of this came to fruition, the church isn’t a place, it’s a people. And even in countries that outlaw Christianity, it flourishes because believers can still recite scripture and sing hymns from memory. They can still pray. And they still have the Holy Spirit.

Are you someone fellow Christians could count on if the faith were outlawed? How much scripture and how many hymns do you know by heart?

Prayer: Lord, I want to know more scripture and hymns by heart than I do anything else. Help me to set a plan in place to make this a reality