• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Worship is Preparation for Work

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
As they ministered to the Lord and fasted, the Holy Spirit said, "Now separate to Me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them." Acts 3:2

In Acts 12:18-13:13, Doctor Luke records the death of wicked King Herod Agrippa I after the apostle Peter's miraculous jail break. Then Luke strategically moves the focus of his book to the city of Antioch, the new center for missionary outreach. Antioch becomes such by God's choosing, not man's.

At the beginning of Acts 13, all of the gifted men of Ephesians 4:11 --Antioch's apostles, prophets, evangelists, and teachers--have gathered together for a time of dedicated, focused worship. They were so dedicated that they decided to forgo eating. It's easy to imagine them asking the Lord to build up His church in Antioch and in the unreached regions of the empire surrounding the rest of the Mediterranean Sea.

In the midst of their prayers and praise and silence and singing, God speaks. This wasn't just an impression. It was anything but vague or imaginary. On the contrary, it was specific and succinct. These gifted men knew exactly what God had said, and had every reason to continue their fasting and prayers. Then they sent Barnabas and Saul (Paul) out on their first missionary journey.

Prayer: Lord, I understand that worship is preparatory for everything in my life. Therefore, I gladly worship You today.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Jesus_is_LORD Sermons & Podcasts 0
B-A-C Bible Discussions 23
Christ4Ever Devotionals 0