• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Words of Life

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
"It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and [they] are life. "But there are some of you who do not believe." For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were who did not believe, and who would betray Him. John 6:63-64

One day, Jesus was teaching His disciples (not just the Twelve or the Seventy, but a larger group) that they must eat His flesh and drink His blood to have spiritual life. Many of these followers rejected this shocking teaching.

In reality, Jesus' teachings were spiritual and not to be interpreted literally, but these halfhearted people were unwilling to dig deeper to unpack what He was saying. They weren't committed followers.

How do you react when you encounter a hard teaching in the Bible--one that doesn't line up with your personal doctrine or your current behavior? Are you quick to dig deeper, comparing it with other scriptures on the subject, or do you reject it like these shallow followers did? Jesus is still speaking to His disciples through His Word. How willing are you to examine it thoroughly so you'll know you have a comprehensive understanding?

Prayer: Lord, much of my personal doctrine was settled some time ago, but I never want to start thinking that I have it all figured out. I'm willing to change when Your Word confronts one of my beliefs or behaviors. Make me teachable, Lord.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bendito Bible Discussions 7
Sue J Love Bible Discussions 0
ladylovesJesus Devotionals 0