• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

WORDS HAVE POWER

While the social media "debates" about whether or not platforms like INSTAGRAM and FACEBOOK are "unsafe" for teenagers (due to the large amount of 'image shaming" that occurs); this would be a good time for we parents to check ourselves to see if we need to be more affirming to those in our care. Not just the children in our families, but those that we have noticed in our neighborhoods and congregations. I remember, years ago, how just complimenting a teen, working at a fastfood restaurant, let up his face. My bacon cheeseburger was "on the mark" and I felt compelled to tell him so. This morning, I felt compelled to send my daughter an encouragement because she has had to do two jobs at the place of her employment due to the effects of Covid. I sent her Philippians 1:6...being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ..
I chose it to remind her that her faithfulness to her employer was not in vain. I, also, wanted an encouagement that contains the Name because therein lies her hope for a rest from all of her toil.
So, how about it, brothers and sisters of King Jesus? Let some words and/or deeds come from you that could make someone's day better. You may never know the full impact until much later. But, you will never regret doing or saying something kind to someone because that is ALWAYS the right thing to do. Amen?

Loyal
While the social media "debates" about whether or not platforms like INSTAGRAM and FACEBOOK are "unsafe" for teenagers (due to the large amount of 'image shaming" that occurs); this would be a good time for we parents to check ourselves to see if we need to be more affirming to those in our care. Not just the children in our families, but those that we have noticed in our neighborhoods and congregations. I remember, years ago, how just complimenting a teen, working at a fastfood restaurant, let up his face. My bacon cheeseburger was "on the mark" and I felt compelled to tell him so. This morning, I felt compelled to send my daughter an encouragement because she has had to do two jobs at the place of her employment due to the effects of Covid. I sent her Philippians 1:6...being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ..
I chose it to remind her that her faithfulness to her employer was not in vain. I, also, wanted an encouagement that contains the Name because therein lies her hope for a rest from all of her toil.
So, how about it, brothers and sisters of King Jesus? Let some words and/or deeds come from you that could make someone's day better. You may never know the full impact until much later. But, you will never regret doing or saying something kind to someone because that is ALWAYS the right thing to do. Amen?
I hear you and second the motion.

Over a number of years, i have been writing total strangers letters. People i see at a hospital or elderly care home. Sometimes i will read a local paper, and see someones birthday posted .
This is what started the letter writing. While in S D at a truck stop, i read about this fellow turning 91, the daughter was asking local residence to send letters. I thought it was a cool idea. So i went to Walmart, and found a little boys birthday card, and sent it.

It was after that i started writing to everyone else.

I never expect them, but i do get letters usually around Christmas.

The " young " mans daughter wrote me saying he was still talking of that letter weeks later.

You never know where unconditional acts of kindness will go