• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Word on the web/7 March

Staff Member
7 March 2008

A week of Lent Reflections taken from "Hope in Word, Hope in Action" - storiesofhope.org.uk

Word on the Web

Hope is... for those who are ignored

Then Jesus told them this parable: Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Does he not leave the ninety-nine in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it?
Luke 15: 3-4

My challenge in ministry

The churches in the city centre are responding to many challenges: unemployment, low wages and poor housing conditions. These big changes can leave people behind. Through a range of creative responses the churches in this team are bringing Christ's hope to a variety of people's lives. Now Jesus is recognisable to many of them as a friend along the way. One group of people who had recently started to walk with Jesus, have banded together to support each other in connecting faith and life. This 'Godspace' helps us to be honest as we grow together in Christ.

A reflection for Lent

Many people today are being left behind by changes in the economy. In areas such as the Potteries, industries that once employed the whole city have now gone overseas. As the world we live in chases after change and newness, some are inevitably left behind and overlooked. The challenges I face involve giving people a sense of their importance and value to God. The good news is that God is walking with them in their lives.

Lord Jesus, thank you that you always met with the outcasts and those left behind by the 'in' crowd. Thank you for those I love, and also those who make me feel uncomfortable. Help me to meet all who are searching with the same loving arms with which you meet me. Amen