• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Word on the web/30 October

Staff Member
30 October 2007

Psalm 72 v 3-5

Let there be peace on the mountains and goodness on the hills for the people. Help him be fair to the poor and save the needy and punish those who hurt them. May they respect you as long as the sun shines and as long as the moon glows.

How do these verses make you feel? I feel so comfortable reading this passage - I can feel the sharp, clean air of the mountains and the lush green grass of the hills. Let there be peace ... This is what God wants for us all.

This prayer for the king asks God to help him be fair to the poor and the needy. God wants us all to be helpful to the poor and those in need. Take one example - people who are bullied: if you see someone being bullied what do you do? Ignore it? Join it? Perhaps help! There are lots of examples of bullying. Where once it was punches and nasty words, now it is often through the world of technology that bullying takes place - on the internet and mobile phones.

The Psalmists prayer is that those who hurt the poor and needy be punished. Those who bully should be stopped from the harm they cause and be punished. Stand up against it, and all abuse, and make sure that it is reported to those in authority. Respect is a word for admiration and honour. Let's hope the sun shines and the moon glows for ever and a day.

Dear Lord, Please let me be aware of any nasty comments I may make to someone today. If I do, let me have the courage to apologise to the person and ask for forgiveness. Sometimes we say things we don't really mean and then regret it later. Amen

Written by Jackie C