• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Word on the web/29 October

Staff Member
29 October 2007

Psalm 72 v 1-2

God, give the king your good judgment and the king's son your goodness. Help him judge your people fairly and decide what is right for the poor.

First of all let me explain, in my opinion, what a psalm is. Music and song are known and welcome in every country in this world - and the psalms are songs. They were written to express joy, sadness, celebration and many more emotions.

Psalm 72, to me, is a glorious psalm. It is a Prayer for the King of the nation. It expresses for me the importance of caring for people in need. There are many people in all walks of life who need help - being 'poor' is not just about the lack of money or material things. Just because a friend at college or work owns all the latest gadgets - the newest iPod, gaming console or computer games - doesn't mean that he or she is happy. They may live in a big house full of material things, but if they don't live and work as a family they may be unhappy. We shouldn't judge a book by its cover. The other side of this also suggests that just because someone looks a bit different, it does not mean they are not kind and loving themselves.

Dear Lord, please let me see how I can help someone in need. It may just be letting a colleague share my coffee at break time or to share a joke or two on the bus. An old saying is "a trouble shared is a trouble halved ...." and this is true. Thank you for being with me Lord. Amen

Written by Jackie C