• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Word on the web/2 April

Staff Member
2 April 2008

Word on the Web

John 21 v 7-9

The follower whom Jesus loved said to Peter, "It is the Lord!" When Peter heard him say this, he wrapped his coat around himself. (Peter had taken his clothes off.) Then he jumped into the water. The other followers went to shore in the boat, dragging the net full of fish. They were not very far from shore, only about a hundred yards. When the followers stepped out of the boat and onto the shore, they saw a fire of hot coals. There were fish on the fire, and there was bread.

I would imagine that in most of our lives, there are people who mean a lot to us, and people who have been close to us, and done a lot for us. But sometimes we loose contact, and we don't know where people are or what they are doing.

Here are some of the followers and they were amazed that Jesus was there. They rushed to the shore as quickly as they could, quite possibly because they wanted to be with Jesus again, they wanted to know what was happening and going on.

Let me encourage you today, in that if you think the disciples were excited about seeing Jesus again, it is nothing to the party that takes place in Heaven when we want to know God and spend time with him. God is so happy when we choose to spend time with him and he enjoys being with us. Let me suggest to you today, enjoy being in the presence of God, because he is so excited about being with you.

Dear Lord, I love being in your presence, and I want to spend more time with you. Thank you that you love me, and enjoy being with me. Amen.

Written by Andy Wilson of Home Page