• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Word Of Faith .

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Commentary By BrothersinarmsT4G

We all have heard and read about the Word Of Faith Teachings .
Many Christians have mixed feelings about people in the word of faith movement and the operations within that group of ministries .

Whenever the God of all creation , and our Risen Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ , become limited by a group , or movement , then all Gods Children should be watchful by the actions and teachings involved . However , if within the teachings truth arises , then we should also have ears to hear that truth .

Word of faith has become a forbidden saying among allot of Christians . The question is ... Why ? The word of faith teachings began with the Pentecostal awakening almost 60 or 70 years ago .
The Pentecostal awakening , was a restoration of Gods Power , through the Word and Jesus Christ Lordship over all creation , passed on through the Faithfilled words of the believers in Christ .

The key to Gods restoration was first the Word Of God . Then comes hearing [ revelation knowledge ] . And then comes Faith .

You may have heard it said this way ... Faith Comes by Hearing , and Hearing by the Word of God . Faith is an action word stirred up in the heart of the believers , by revelation knowledge . Revelation knowledge brings life to Gods word !

Jesus asked his disciples ... who do you say I am ? Simon replied ... you are the Christ , the Son of the Most High God ! Jesus said to Simon ... flesh and blood hath not revealed this to you , but it was my Father in Heaven ! From this day forward , I will call you Petra/Peter , ROCK ! Upon this Rock will I build MY CHURCH . And the gates of hell will not prevail against it !

What did Peter have that the others did not have ? They were all there with Jesus just as many believers today gather together with Jesus . Peter got a Revelation from the Father ! He got Hearing ! And it made him speak out in Faith about Jesus Christ ! The early Pentecostal Ministers were not lunatics . They were believers who understood that this great Gift of God is not a magic trick , or a spoken wish-list of give-me's !

Smith Wigglesworth was one of these Pentecostal , Word of Faith Teachers . God performed many great works through this servant of Christ Jesus . He also believed in Sanctification and Prayer . Smith Wigglesworth would pray every 10 minutes some recorded ! He understood that the Holy Spirit will not dwell in an unsanctified servant of God !

The Power of God is not limited to any group or movement ! Over the last few generations , the Word Of Faith Teachings , in some churches , has become a watered down , unsanctified , name-it and claim it bunch of fools . That does not mean that Gods restoration is not still at work today .

Gods word is ALIVE ! It is revealed to us by the Helper [ Holy Spirit ] ! And it works Mightily in the Faith-Filled Words of Gods Humble Servants ! I myself am a WORD OF FAITH servant of God . This is not my limitations with God , but my foundation in God and his Word .

The Father has performed many things through my wife and I , but not becaused we whined to him like babies saying ... you promised and if you don't do it , then your a lier ! He did it because it lined up with his will , asked in Jesus Name , Spoken in Revelation Faith in the Word of God ! When Gods word is used in proper order , it is a Sword in the Hands of the Believer . And my wife and I have stuck that Sword right through the head of any demonic advisary that came against it !

But only because of Jesus Christ , and his Righteousness , were we upheld ! In ending , I would like to say that yes , there are allot of false teachings out there and watchfulness is a must in these last days . But the Word of God was Jesus and still is Jesus ! He was the Word , and became flesh and dwelt among us ! He is still the Word ... Alive ... and Risen from the Dead ! He left us that word and sent the Holy Spirit to first , reveal the word . Then to give us hearing through the word . [ revelation knowledge ] And then strengthen our Faith in the Word !

Your Bible is your Sword , and weapon against satan ! Read it ... Hear it ... Use Faith with it ... and stick it down satans throat until he flees from you ! May Gods Glory dwell within you all . Mike

Last edited:
Dear BROTHERSINARMST4G;

Word of Faith. Their doctrine is based on the Book of Acts. Copeland, Hagin (his book, The Art of Prayer, 3rd printing 1994), are renowned spiritual leaders of this "movement". Many students of the Word of Faith are schooled at RHEMA Correspondence Bible School, RHEMA Bible Training Center. Their teachings are not just national, but international.

I have heard and read how they're teachings are charismatic. What are your views regarding charismatic and why do many Christians view The Word of Faith as "false teachings"?

Thank you, Mike.

Your servant in Christ Jesus. :love:

Last edited:
Bobinfaith said:
Dear BROTHERSINARMST4G;

Word of Faith. Their doctrine is based on the Book of Acts. Copeland, Hagin, are renowned spiritual leaders of this "movement". Many students of the Word of Faith are schooled at RHEMA Correspondence Bible School, RHEMA Bible Training Center. Their teachings are not just national, but international.

I have heard and read how they're teachings are charismatic. What are your views regarding charismatic and why do many Christians view The Word of Faith as "false teachings"?

Thank you, Mike.

Bobinfaith . I already said that you cannot doctrinize Gods word without limiting Gods word . I do not speak of doctrines or religions . I spoke about the truth of Gods word and Faith . I do not label the word of God to anything but the living word . If mans doctrines limit the Power of God then man has done the same as the leaders in Jesus day . Jesus told the religious leaders that their doctrines cause the word of God to have no power . I say the same today about mans doctrines and religions . They cause Gods living word to have no or limited Power . I care nothing about doctrines of man , be it Word of Faith , charismatic , baptist as yourself , catholic or whatever limits man has put on God . The word of God is alive , and God is Sovereign !

I can only tell you what I believe through my life and testimony with God . God has used my wife and I to heal the sick , raise the dead , and cast out devils . This has already happened and is just a tiny piece of our testimony . Does satan cast out satan ? Jesus said no . If all these things have already happened in our live's , then what doctrine should we believe ? I speak in tongues and interpret them . God has allowed me to see into many peoples live's and pray against the enemy . God has allowed me to see many things that already came and went , and some that are still to come . All have been true . I can only tell you my testimony . It's up to you to believe it or not . But out of all these things I said , doctrines had no part in any of them ! Only Gods Word and Jesus Christ Living Lordship over satan . Mike

Last edited:
Bobinfaith said:
Dear BROTHERSINARMST4G;

Word of Faith. Their doctrine is based on the Book of Acts. Copeland, Hagin (his book, The Art of Prayer, 3rd printing 1994), are renowned spiritual leaders of this "movement". Many students of the Word of Faith are schooled at RHEMA Correspondence Bible School, RHEMA Bible Training Center. Their teachings are not just national, but international.

I have heard and read how the y're teachings are charismatic. What are your views regarding charismatic and why do many Christians view The Word of Faith as "false teachings"?

Thank you, Mike.

Though one cannot contest the validity of the origins, one of the questionable tenets of current Word Of Faith people is a tendency to be overbearing about what it means to have faith. They can be very dogmatic that if one does not receive a healing that can only be accomplished by a miracle of God, it is because of a lack of faith in the sick or injured person . Someone can be solid with faith in our Lord, yet almost be made to feel guilty for having an affliction that is not miraculously vanquished.

Also, charismatics believe that speaking in tongues is the only sign of receipt of the Holy Spirit, a controversial issue to say the least.

Make a joyful shout to God, all the earth!
Sing out the honor of His name;
Make His praise glorious!!

Psalm 66:1-2

Last edited:
To Christ said:
Though one cannot contest the validity of the origins, one of the questionable tenets of current Word Of Faith people is a tendency to be overbearing about what it means to have faith. They can be very dogmatic that if one does not receive a healing that can only be accomplished by a miracle of God, it is because of a lack of faith in the sick or injured person . Someone can be solid with faith in our Lord, yet almost be made to feel guilty for having an affliction that is not miraculously vanquished.

Also, charismatics believe that speaking in tongues is the only sign of receipt of the Holy Spirit, a controversial issue to say the least.

Make a joyful shout to God, all the earth!
Sing out the honor of His name;
Make His praise glorious!!
I agree with you about this To Christ . God is Sovereign in all he does . That is why I said that to doctrinize the Word is to limit it or misuse it to fit our understanding , instead of Gods Sovereign Authority .

It is appointed to every person to die from this earth , therefore many do not get healed , regardless of their faith . Again , these certain groups have made up notions about what God should or should not do . Faith in the Word brings hope to the believer . But God is still in control of all things . I myself have been suffering for 14 years with an illness and although all those great things were allowed to happen in my life , I am still not living in great health .

I understand what you mean when you say that some call my inability to be healed a lack of my faith . That is foolish thinking on their part . Paul was called to suffer for Christ . Allot of Christians think that suffering is a lack of faith or a demon of some kind . This is also not true in most cases . By if my suffering causes me to lose my faith in God and retreat from the battle . Then I have walked away from the greatest testimony I have .

Any person can serve God when all is great and sing and dance and shout . But if they can rejoice because their walk with God and his Sovereign will allows them to suffer for the sake of Christ . Then they have become as Paul knowing that our sufferings are not in vain .

I said that I speak in tongues . This is true . But not all Christians are supposed to speak in tongues for it is a gift from God and one of many gifts . So if you do or do not speak in tongues , it is not a measuring rod to your salvation . Confess the Lord Jesus Christ and believe that God raised him from the dead and you will be saved . That is final .

All have a part in Gods work in the body . Not all will speak in tongues but they have just as much Holy Spirit as the ones who do . I have other news . Not all who speak in tongues are of God ! Sanctification through faith in Jesus Christ and the renewing of the mind bring about Holiness . Some tongue talkers are dead inside and unholy throughout .

This is what happens when we tell God what to do and make it fit our live's . We are to give our live's to God and share our testimony with all people . But without first loving these people as Christ did , then we are noise-makers thinking ourselves to be greater than others . We are to consider all people better than ourselves and offer them fellowship in love first . Then when the love of God is seen in us , they will want what we have and we can share Jesus Christ to a dying world . Mike

Last edited:
BROTHERSINARMST4G said:
Commentary By BrothersinarmsT4G

We all have heard and read about the Word Of Faith Teachings .
Many Christians have mixed feelings about people in the word of faith movement and the operations within that group of ministries .

Whenever the God of all creation , and our Risen Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ , become limited by a group , or movement , then all Gods Children should be watchful by the actions and teachings involved . However , if within the teachings truth arises , then we should also have ears to hear that truth .

Word of faith has become a forbidden saying among allot of Christians . The question is ... Why ? The word of faith teachings began with the Pentecostal awakening almost 60 or 70 years ago .
The Pentecostal awakening , was a restoration of Gods Power , through the Word and Jesus Christ Lordship over all creation , passed on through the Faithfilled words of the believers in Christ .

The key to Gods restoration was first the Word Of God . Then comes hearing [ revelation knowledge ] . And then comes Faith .

You may have heard it said this way ... Faith Comes by Hearing , and Hearing by the Word of God . Faith is an action word stirred up in the heart of the believers , by revelation knowledge . Revelation knowledge brings life to Gods word !

Jesus asked his disciples ... who do you say I am ? Simon replied ... you are the Christ , the Son of the Most High God ! Jesus said to Simon ... flesh and blood hath not revealed this to you , but it was my Father in Heaven ! From this day forward , I will call you Petra/Peter , ROCK ! Upon this Rock will I build MY CHURCH . And the gates of hell will not prevail against it !

What did Peter have that the others did not have ? They were all there with Jesus just as many believers today gather together with Jesus . Peter got a Revelation from the Father ! He got Hearing ! And it made him speak out in Faith about Jesus Christ ! The early Pentecostal Ministers were not lunatics . They were believers who understood that this great Gift of God is not a magic trick , or a spoken wish-list of give-me's !

Smith Wigglesworth was one of these Pentecostal , Word of Faith Teachers . God performed many great works through this servant of Christ Jesus . He also believed in Sanctification and Prayer . Smith Wigglesworth would pray every 10 minutes some recorded ! He understood that the Holy Spirit will not dwell in an unsanctified servant of God !

The Power of God is not limited to any group or movement ! Over the last few generations , the Word Of Faith Teachings , in some churches , has become a watered down , unsanctified , name-it and claim it bunch of fools . That does not mean that Gods restoration is not still at work today .

Gods word is ALIVE ! It is revealed to us by the Helper [ Holy Spirit ] ! And it works Mightily in the Faith-Filled Words of Gods Humble Servants ! I myself am a WORD OF FAITH servant of God . This is not my limitations with God , but my foundation in God and his Word .

The Father has performed many things through my wife and I , but not becaused we whined to him like babies saying ... you promised and if you don't do it , then your a lier ! He did it because it lined up with his will , asked in Jesus Name , Spoken in Revelation Faith in the Word of God ! When Gods word is used in proper order , it is a Sword in the Hands of the Believer . And my wife and I have stuck that Sword right through the head of any demonic advisary that came against it !

But only because of Jesus Christ , and his Righteousness , were we upheld ! In ending , I would like to say that yes , there are allot of false teachings out there and watchfulness is a must in these last days . But the Word of God was Jesus and still is Jesus ! He was the Word , and became flesh and dwelt among us ! He is still the Word ... Alive ... and Risen from the Dead ! He left us that word and sent the Holy Spirit to first , reveal the word . Then to give us hearing through the word . [ revelation knowledge ] And then strengthen our Faith in the Word !

Your Bible is your Sword , and weapon against satan ! Read it ... Hear it ... Use Faith with it ... and stick it down satans throat until he flees from you ! May Gods Glory dwell within you all . Mike
i DON'T THINK THE WORD OF GOD SHUOLD EVER BE FORBIDDiAN.

Engrossing thread, BROTHERSINARMST4G! I may have further exchange, but want to ponder the depths of what you have written :shade:. Your insights accord with what I receive from Scripture both on faith and speaking in tongues.

Through blessed Christ Jesus, all praise to God!!

Gratefully,
To Christ

Dear BROTHERSINARMST4G;

Your testimony blessed me. What I was referring to, the doctrine, meaning teaching of Christian principles, is and what we all are to be in accord with.

Your testimony is not just reading the Word, but applying the application, Mike, receiving and witnessing God's miracles which is in reference to the doctrine, TRUTH, The Word. Therefore, I am in agreement with you.

Without FAITH, the doctrine of Christian principles, the bible, or God's Word, is useless. The doctrine I am referencing to does not imply divisiveness, nor division.

Religion? I am colored blind when it comes to religion. We rebuke Satan's lies and the causes of division. God has sent us to serve where Jesus Christ is Lord and the only way to God is through Him.

When I was saved it was during a Word Of Faith men's retreat! I was supported by several pastors who were good and genuine to me. I needed that. They knew I was a "new believer" and were very supportive of me that weekend. We prayed in tongues. I did not understand. My pastor interpreted for me. Its biblical. I felt the Holy Spirit fill me. God's miracle. Praise Him! Acts 2:4 the Holy Spirit Comes at Pentacost. GOD BEGINS. God breathed into life the 120 followers of Jesus Christ and created a Holy community, the church.

We followed by worshipping at a Pentacostal church in San Francisco every Sunday. We were criticized by the nearby Baptist church because we healed, prayed in tongues, believed God's annointing of spiritual gifts. And we danced to the Lord!

God led Hazel and I to serve in my community at a nondenomination church for 9 years. There a woman who was hit by a bus at the age of 4 lived but could never have babies. Today she is a grandmother and mom of 3 beautiful daughters. God's miracle! After 42 years of PRAYER, FAITH, and TRUST this church received God's answers to prayer. Opening up a Christian K - 2 grade school. The kids are ministering to the parents. Now the parents worship at church and seek Jesus Christ. God's miracle! This church lost many members accusing the body of being dead in spirit.

Six months ago the Lord led us to serve at a small Baptist church. This church is very low keyed. God's ministry for this church is quietly supporting missionaries in dangerous parts of the world and all are still ALIVE! Reaching out in small numbers, pairs, to the retirement homes, Bay Area Transit Stations, and SFO airport, and passing out treks. Thank you, Lord! We only have the pastor. After 48 years God is raising leaders here. This church is still standing in the community. God's Miracle! We are criticized for being conservative.
Matthew 6:6 Praying in Secret.

My wife takes care of her mom 3 days a week in Oakland. It is a sacrifice we both agreed to. At times when I am in between ministries, work, seminary, and duties at home, it gets lonely. So I pray, log on to Talk Jesus and He led me to share my life and testimony of God with you, and the struggles I face with Christians who criticize other Christians. This is why I asked your view so we can continue this topic.

Peace.

Last edited:
hey uncle bObO! i like it hahaha!

you have a realy intersting life and even though you have very tricky situasions, you trust god alot i can see.

I like reading your posts because i learn alot

You said "i felt the holy spirit fill me" what does that feel like?

To Christ said:

Please do not generalize your comments to a specific group because not ALL charismatics believe that. Just as my great grandmother was catholic, she also spoke in tounges, SOME catholics don't believe in that, so you cannot generalize a specific group!!!!

Also for SOME charismatics it is the only physical evidence to them (not saying it is right, but that is what they were taught to believe)

Some believe by seeing others by feeling, and others still another way, so for them it is that way!

I am not trying to be rude, I am just saying that from love!

God Bless you
LYSIC
Shauna

Last edited:
alethuo4Jesus said:
Please do not generalize your comments to a specific group because not ALL charismatics believe that. Just as my great grandmother was catholic, she also spoke in tounges, SOME catholics don't believe in that, so you cannot generalize a specific group!!!!

Also for SOME charismatics it is the only physical evidence to them (not saying it is right, but that is what they were taught to believe)

Some believe by seeing others by feeling, and others still another way, so for them it is that way!

I am not trying to be rude, I am just saying that from love!

God Bless you
LYSIC
Shauna
Dear Shauna,

I welcome your input. There is surely nothing rude about your response; the forum is for good discussion, which usually includes dissent and assent! You are right about generalizations. I belong to a Calvary Chapel which identifies itself as non-denominational and has "low key" study-through-The Bible church services; though some might label Calvary Chapel as a Pentecostal offshoot and expect accordingly.

Apparently, my wording was misleading. In the context of this thread, however, clarification may bear out the reason for my statement. The basis for my reply to brother Bobinfaith is that I previously belonged to a fundamentalist, C.O.G.I.C., and traditional Pentecostal based church, and through the '90's to 2003 had a broad exposure to everything charismatic related. This included checking out any findable TV ministries that represent Word Of Faith and modern Charismatics.

BROTHERSINARMS' thread is about his views on Word Of Faith, its historical context, and what it has become. The fact is denominations generalize themselves by their distinguishing priorities and doctrines. Pentecostal Christians (the "original" Charismatic movement) arose in the early 20th century with a variety of phenomenal faith and Spirit manifestations. Perhaps unfortunately, it is the public leadership and viewable promotion that shapes the qualities by which each unique "group" evolves to be known. My premise may have been better stated, "Charismatics adhere to speaking in tongues as the necessary evidence of being filled by the Holy Spirit." This is by far the stand that has come to be a hallmark of Charismatics today, regardless that not all agree with the primacy of their limelight majority. (I have never seen a Word Of Faith or Charismatic minister who does not publicly speak in tongues as a given, and "tongue-talking" always follows "Spirit filled" in the vocabulary - okay a generalization , guess you had to be there!)

I think it is cool that your great grandmother was a tongue-speaking Catholic. The Charismatic Catholic movement began in the late sixties, creating quite a stir in traditional Catholicism known for its strict reserve. Though the numbers of Catholic tongue-talkers are on the rise, even today they remain somewhat branded as the "rebels" of Catholicism.

God bless you and yours, :love:
To Christ

Last edited:
Sister Shauna,

I want to be certain that you receive my apology, if anything I've said about Charismatics continues to bother you.

Also, this is to insure you understand I'm not at all knocking speaking in tongues.
Despite its Charismatic-based foundation, my previous church had various member denominations, and there was plenty of good natured banter amongst differing folks. The pastors stressed unity in the body of Christ, and did much in the community to bring together churches from all walks in the Lord.

Again, I apologize and pray this clears up any residual misunderstanding.

Love in Christ,
To Christ

Charasmatic

I note these writings go back a few years.

Are Charasmatic influences as popular today??

Today seems to me to be a KJV bashing time---Sadly

The ROOTS are being got at now--When it has been seen Knawing at the fruits have not been too successful.

GOD was manifest in The Flesh--We all appeared in a body

PmD