• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Word of Faith

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was an earlier suggestion that a separate thread on Word of Faith be started.

What is it that you have learned from the Word of Faith movement that has made you more Christlike in your relationship with God?

Although I would never consider myself a fan of the Word of Faith movement, I felt the need to respond. I believe the Word of Faith movement is heretical down to the core. It reduces God to a mere toy, a plaything that our faith and attitude can control. The use of Scripture in their sermons is horrible and all over the place. Word of Faith is nothing more than pop culture with the names "God" and "Jesus" thrown into the mix. Not only are the preachers superfluous in their appearances, particular evangelism charities could reach millions of people who have never even heard the Gospel for the cost of ONE program they run. And this is just the TIP of the iceberg on the heresy know as Word of Faith.

May God bless you,
Soul Reaper

What's next ! Catholics ? Baptist ? Protestant ? Jews ? Methodist ? Prystpiterian ? Greek Orthodox ? Assembly Of Gods ? Pentacostals ? Non Denominational ? Who else will we chose to criticize , or correct with our perfection of scripture ? Jesus said to love others as he has loved us . Please show you're maturity in the LORD by not responding to argumental threads .All have fallen short of the glory of GOD . This is a great site for fellowship for all christians . Before you respond to this word of faith question , keep in mind that you yourself are flawed before the FATHER in HEAVEN . JESUS CHRIST sacrifice is the only reason we have any hope of salvation . Our righteousness is as filthy rags before GOD . If you feel something is wrong with any one of these religions , or movements , then pray for them . In doing this , we will allow the HOLY SPIRIT to minister correction in any way he sees fit . BROTHERSINARMST4G

BROTHERSINARMST4G said:
What's next ! Catholics ? Baptist ? Protestant ? Jews ? Methodist ? Prystpiterian ? Greek Orthodox ? Assembly Of Gods ? Pentacostals ? Non Denominational ? Who else will we chose to criticize , or correct with our perfection of scripture ? Jesus said to love others as he has loved us . Please show you're maturity in the LORD by not responding to argumental threads .All have fallen short of the glory of GOD . This is a great site for fellowship for all christians . Before you respond to this word of faith question , keep in mind that you yourself are flawed before the FATHER in HEAVEN . JESUS CHRIST sacrifice is the only reason we have any hope of salvation . Our righteousness is as filthy rags before GOD . If you feel something is wrong with any one of these religions , or movements , then pray for them . In doing this , we will allow the HOLY SPIRIT to minister correction in any way he sees fit . BROTHERSINARMST4G

While prayer is one of the most beneficial and powerful exercises a Christian can perform, but we are by no means limited to it. We should try to reform and correct those who we believe are in error. God commands that we do this. Word of Faith is a growing heresy, and we have allowed it to flourish.

This forum is about studying God's Word, and this topic is completely valid. We should not sit back and accept heresy just for the sake of keeping the peace. I will not sit back and let my brethren continue in error; I care too deeply for them to allow that. I believe God is leading me to this forum to preach against the Word of Faith movement. Perhaps I am the lowly instrument God is using to reach people. If I am, I pray I will not let Him down. If I am not, then I am sure God will send someone much more capable than I to execute His will.

May God bless you,
Soul Reaper

BROTHERSINARMST4G said:

Nope not hear to attack anyone.

But God doesn't call us to keep the peace by sacrificing the truth. Paul was far more blunt than I have ever dared to be. He told churches to turn people over to Satan who veered from the truth.

The Bereans were commended NOT condemned for testing everything against scripture. Acts 17:11 "But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good." 1 Thess 5:21.

JESUS said love one another as I have loved you . You already veered from the truth . JESUS said JUDGE NOT least you be judged . you already veered from the truth . JESUS said pray for you're enemies . You already veered from the truth . I will pray for you both to understand the word in it's intirety . Have a great time ! AGAIN I encourage everybody to ignore this kind of debate for it is unfruitful to the body , and to this site . JESUS is a restorer , not a destroyer . He came to save , not condemn . I pray that the moderators on this site lock this thread , and ask justjan and soulreaper7 to stop promoting division at talkjesus . We all fall short from the word in some places . It is by grace we are saved , and it is only by grace that we can stand ! BROTHERSINARMST4G

Last edited:
BROTHERSINARMST4G said:
JESUS said love one another as I have loved you . You already veered from the truth . JESUS said JUDGE NOT least you be judged . you already veered from the truth . JESUS said pray for you're enemies . You already veered from the truth . I will pray for you both to understand the word in it's intirety . Have a great time ! BROTHERSINARMST4G

I try to love everyone as Jesus does. I am judging no one, I merely judge ideas against Scripture. I do pray for my enemies. I believe that I have a basic understanding of the Word, and I understand that we should correct when it is necessary.

May God bless you,
Soul Reaper

BROTHERSINARMST4G said:
JESUS said love one another as I have loved you . You already veered from the truth . JESUS said JUDGE NOT least you be judged . you already veered from the truth . JESUS said pray for you're enemies . You already veered from the truth . I will pray for you both to understand the word in it's intirety . Have a great time ! BROTHERSINARMST4G

Jesus caused great divisions. They tried to kill him a number of times. Why? Because he challenged them with the truth.

I have given you scripture that says we must test everything we hear against God's word. 1 Timothy 3:16 "All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness;" No scripture has more authority than the rest. God doesn't contradict himself. Sometimes love is as when Jesus confronted the rich young ruler. He loved him enough to confront him with the truth. He loved his stuff more than God. It certainly isn't a warm and fuzzy ending, but it is no less love.

As for praying for these people I do that as I have for quite some time.

Would you agree that if someone teaches heresy we should be doing somethig to eliminate that teaching from the Christian church?

My understanding of Talkjesus is to reach people for Christ, to love our brothers and sisters regardless of their denominational stance.
Are we being helpful and loving to our family members but starting a thread that is for the purpose of pointing fingers and saying "you are wrong." Is that helpful? I would dare to say it is not.
Let's not cause division on here.
I go to a particular Church in my town and I do not totally agree with the entire doctrine they have but I will not condemn anyone if they beleive it wholeheartedly, that is not my place.
Please let's remember that we have lots of people from around the world here and each has their own views, lets unite with each other in love.

Was Jesus wrong to confront the rich young ruler?

Is unity at the expense of the truth better than real discussion?

Last edited:
Administrator
Staff Member
Talk Jesus:

Motto: "non denominational Christian community for all who seek Jesus"

For telling and teaching Truth, it is true GOD told us to teach truth, but He did not tell usto condemn thouse who do NOT teach it. Certianly not participate in it and make sure we ourselves "pray for our enemies" and teach the Truth as told by GOD in Scripture.

So, division and such does not edify and build up the body of Christ. We are all flawed even as Christians. We are saved through faith by grace, in Jesus Christ. Nothing less, nothing more. Word of Faith or not, it doesn't matter. Our position is to tell the Truth when we teach/preach it. Spend time doing that instead of accusing denominations of preaching wrong.

There are just too many out there preaching lies in GOD's name (in vain). It is best to preach the Gospels and pray for the enemeis, just like Jesus taught us.

Many teaching lies very successfully.

If you are not interested in having the discussion about what our obligation as Christians to preserve the truth, that is your option. I respect that since it is your site you have the right to restrict or allow discussion as is consistent with your intended mission.

Unity for the sake of unity isn't love. Unity at the expense of the truth isn't love. I am not here to cause dissention for the sake of dissention. I was called here to address a seriously flawed even heretical teaching that pervades the Christian church in the US. At it's heart Word of Faith is no more Christian than Christian Science. It is heresy plain and simple.

I understand that the church loses when we have in fighting over minor issues. I am not posting about minor issues.

If you are interested I can post support, let me know.

Last edited:
Administrator
Staff Member
Every ministry has its purpose and mission set by GOD. My ministry, Talk Jesus has a purpose to be a friendly family community for "belivers and unbelievers alike" with a warm welcome. It is about preaching the gospels to others and praying for each other, fellowship. Its about praising and worshiping Jesus Christ our Savior.

It is not about pointing at what others do wrong with doctrine. It is clear that there are many false prophets and teachings out there. When we do what we do on Talk Jesus, preach Truth as told by GOD in Scripture / Holy Bible we are feeding just that, Truth to each other. We are gaining wisdom from GOD's Word. During this process we all learn what IS the Truth from GOD and gain discernement (through bible reading/studying and praying).

Nothing personal against your thread Jan, I love you as a sister in Christ but I will lock this thread now. I do not want the purpose of Talk Jesus to slip away from what is has always been.

Thank you for your understanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.