• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Word for Today / You Need A Vision

Staff Member
You Need A Vision

‘You spoke in a vision.’ Psalm 89:19 NIV

The psalmist says: ‘You spoke in a vision, to Your faithful people You said… “I have found David My servant; with My sacred oil I have anointed him. My hand will sustain him; surely My arm will strengthen him.”’ (Psalm 89:19–21 NIV) Great vision always precedes great achievement. And God is the giver of great visions—so ask Him for one.

Vision gives birth to the goal; it sparks and fuels the fire within, and moves you forward in spite of the odds and obstacles. To get a handle on the word ‘vision’, you must understand these things:

(1) Vision comes from God. He knows what you’re capable of and what He has gifted you to do. Are you looking beyond yourself, even beyond your own lifetime, as you seek your vision? If not, you may be missing your God-given potential and His best for you. If, after seeking God for a vision, you still don’t have one, consider partnering with someone whose vision resonates within you.

(2) Vision draws on your history. Vision isn’t some mystical quality that comes out of a vacuum. It grows out of your past experiences, and the history of the people around you.

(3) Vision meets other people’s needs. A God-given vision goes far beyond what one person can accomplish. It includes and blesses others. If your vision doesn’t do that, it’s probably too small.

(4) Vision attracts resources. Like a magnet, it draws, challenges, and unites people. It also rallies finances and other resources. The greater your vision, the more faith-filled people it will attract. And the more challenging the vision, the harder the participants will fight to achieve it.

written by Bob Gass

Active
You Need A Vision

‘You spoke in a vision.’ Psalm 89:19 NIV

The psalmist says: ‘You spoke in a vision, to Your faithful people You said… “I have found David My servant; with My sacred oil I have anointed him. My hand will sustain him; surely My arm will strengthen him.”’ (Psalm 89:19–21 NIV) Great vision always precedes great achievement. And God is the giver of great visions—so ask Him for one.

Vision gives birth to the goal; it sparks and fuels the fire within, and moves you forward in spite of the odds and obstacles. To get a handle on the word ‘vision’, you must understand these things:

(1) Vision comes from God. He knows what you’re capable of and what He has gifted you to do. Are you looking beyond yourself, even beyond your own lifetime, as you seek your vision? If not, you may be missing your God-given potential and His best for you. If, after seeking God for a vision, you still don’t have one, consider partnering with someone whose vision resonates within you.

(2) Vision draws on your history. Vision isn’t some mystical quality that comes out of a vacuum. It grows out of your past experiences, and the history of the people around you.

(3) Vision meets other people’s needs. A God-given vision goes far beyond what one person can accomplish. It includes and blesses others. If your vision doesn’t do that, it’s probably too small.

(4) Vision attracts resources. Like a magnet, it draws, challenges, and unites people. It also rallies finances and other resources. The greater your vision, the more faith-filled people it will attract. And the more challenging the vision, the harder the participants will fight to achieve it.

written by Bob Gass
There are many gifts and they are given in accordance to God's will: 1Corinthians12:4-11. There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit. There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord. There are different kinds of working, but the same God works all of them in all men. Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good. To one there is given through the Spirit the message of wisdom, to another the message of knowledge by means of the same Spirit, to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by that one Spirit, to another miraculous powers, to another prophecy, to another distinguishing between spirits, to another speaking in different kinds of tongues, and to another the interpretation of tongues. All these are the work of one and the same Spirit, and he gives them to each one, just as he determines. The Lord gives his gifts as and when he desires, and if we are not given a specific gift, it does not signify that the person who is not given any specific gift is a lesser person. Some people are given the gift of service, and that is as valuable as all the rest.