• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Word for Today / What Are Your Children Watching?

Staff Member
What Are Your Children Watching?

'I will set nothing wicked before my eyes...' Psalm 101:3 NKJV

Today our children have more access to the internet than ever before. Over half of all children between the ages of nine and seventeen have internet cable or satellite television access in their bedrooms. The old image of the family gathered around a single TV set in the living room is almost non–existent. Instead, often children are off by themselves where they can choose anything they want to see. They don’t even have to be in their bed-room because now they can access it all on a hand–held device like a tablet or an iPhone!

One prominent social researcher put it this way: ‘Almost everything children are seeing is essentially going into their minds in some sort of uncensored or unfiltered way.’ Under the ‘freedom of expression’ rule, the government and courts permit internet sites to peddle explicit sex, violence, nudity and profanity to your children and your grandchildren. Are you concerned? You should be!

Why do sheep need a shepherd? For the same reason children need loving and observant parents—wolves! And your ignorance of technology is no defence! Because you weren't exposed to these evils growing up doesn't guarantee that your children won’t get hooked on them. Many parents don’t even take the time to know what their children are watching! Don’t be one of them.

After his disastrous affair with Bathsheba and the heartache and havoc it brought to his family, David said, ‘…I will walk within my house with a perfect heart. I will set nothing wicked before my eyes…’ (Psalm 101:2–3 NKJV) Parents, what are your children watching?

written by Bob Gass