• Hi Guest!

You may be aware that "big tech" has been aggressively censoring conservatives on Twitter, Facebook, Google, Instagram, YouTube and other social media platforms. This is tyrannical and suppressive towards Christians and conservatives.

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Word for Today / What’s The Basis Of Your Self-Worth?

Staff Member
What’s The Basis Of Your Self-Worth?

‘Be satisfied with what you have.’ Hebrews 13:5 NLT

One morning, a businessman saw a fisherman lounging on his boat drinking coffee. ‘You’re back early,’ he shouted.

The sailor replied, ‘I’ve caught enough. I’m through for the day.’

The businessman said, ‘Why not go out again? If you keep going out you can catch more fish and increase your income, buy a second boat, hire a crew, and become rich like me.’

The man replied, ‘Why should I do that?’

The businessman said, ‘So you’ll be free to do what you want and enjoy life.’

Grinning, the fisherman said, ‘But that’s exactly what I’m doing right now!’

The Bible says, ‘Be satisfied with what you have,’ yet many of us base our self-worth on what we own or achieve. We only feel good about ourselves when we’re involved in certain relationships or live in certain areas or reach certain goals. We tell ourselves, ‘When I earn more money, or become CEO, or get fitter, etc., I’ll be ok.’

So, what’s the basis of your self-worth today? If you’re not sure, ask yourself, ‘What can I not live without?’ Is there somebody you’re afraid will leave you? A job you’re too involved in? Is there something you need to accomplish before you feel complete? It is both Scriptural and wise to have goals for your life, but don’t undermine yourself by believing that you’re ‘less than’ because you’ve achieved or acquired less than someone else. The Scriptures teach that when you make God’s purposes your number one priority, ‘He will always give you all you need from day to day if you will make the Kingdom of God your primary concern… For it gives your Father great happiness to give you the Kingdom.’ (Luke 12:31–32 TLB)

written by Bob Gass

Loyal
This is a great and very important message sister, thanks for sharing it with us.

Luke 12 you quote above, God will give you all you need from day to day....

What a Blessing that is to know, our needs are provided, from day to day by our Heavenly Father.

This was also why Jesus said, when you pray say,
Our Father in Heaven...
Give us 'this day' our daily Bread

He wants us to know God provides for our needs on a daily basis, and tells us to pray daily, 'give us this day' our daily bread.

Providing for our daily needs, one day at a time, not to little, not to much, not to store up for ourselves what can go rotten, be stolen etc, But to Trust in the Lord, because He will provide for all our needs according to His Riches and Glory in Heaven, one day at a time, we just have to have Faith and trust Him.

As your message includes money, I also include the following scripture, because money is part of our request for daily bread, which is proving for our daily needs, just enough for the coming day, food, drink, clothing, roof over our head, heating and money are all daily needs.

Your devotional story above by Bob Gass carries a very important message. Again sister thank you for sharing this message with us all. Bless you.

1 Timothy 6:10-21 (NKJV)
10 For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil, for which some have strayed from the faith in their greediness, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.
11 But you, O man of God, flee these things and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, gentleness.
12 Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, to which you were also called and have confessed the good confession in the presence of many witnesses.
13 I urge you in the sight of God who gives life to all things, and before Christ Jesus who witnessed the good confession before Pontius Pilate,
14 that you keep this commandment without spot, blameless until our Lord Jesus Christ's appearing,
15 which He will manifest in His own time, He who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings and Lord of lords,
16 who alone has immortality, dwelling in unapproachable light, whom no man has seen or can see, to whom be honor and everlasting power. Amen.

17 Command those who are rich in this present age not to be haughty, nor to trust in uncertain riches but in the living God, who gives us richly all things to enjoy.
18 Let them do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to give, willing to share,
19 storing up for themselves a good foundation for the time to come, that they may lay hold on eternal life.