• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Word for Today / Walking With A Limp

Staff Member
Walking With A Limp

‘He was limping because of the injury to his hip.’ Genesis 32:31 NLT

Concerning Jacob, the Bible tells us: ‘A man came and wrestled with him until… dawn began to break… He touched Jacob’s hip and wrenched it out of its socket. Then the man said, “Let me go, for the dawn is breaking!” But Jacob said, “I will not let you go unless you bless me.” “What is your name?” the man asked. He replied, “Jacob.” “Your name will no longer be Jacob,” the man told him. “From now on you will be called Israel, because you have fought with God and with men and have won.”…Jacob named the place Peniel (which means “face of God”), for he said, “I have seen God face to face”… The sun was rising as Jacob left Peniel, and he was limping.’ (Genesis 32:24–31 NLT)

Imagine the importance of a hip bone to a farmer like Jacob. It was something he leaned on every day, and now he was weak in an area where he had prided himself on being strong. As a result, he had to depend on God as never before. God has children like Jacob who walk with a limp, and you may be one of them. Perhaps you have experienced a painful failure and, because a limp isn’t something you can hide, people notice it.

God loves to use flawed people because, when they become successful, they’re rarely as arrogant as others who think they deserve it. They’re a little warmer, a little more willing to reach out and embrace others. They understand that without God they wouldn’t have made it. When you limp spiritually, you have to depend on God more, and that’s not a liability—it’s an asset!

written by Bob Gass

Active
Hello there, @ladylovesJesus,

Your words reminded me of an illustration used in the Bible Club that my children attended, many years ago now. It was an illustration of how to live the Christian life, and consisted of two feet, one called 'Trust' and the other, 'Obey', and it was stressed that without both working in unison the believer's walk would be unbalanced, a limp would form and you would very likely fall. The hymn accompanying it will be no surprise to you:-

When we walk with the Lord
In the light of His Word,
What a glory He sheds on our way;
While we do His good will,
He abides with us still,
And with all who will trust and Obey.

Trust and Obey,
For there's no other way
To be happy in Jesus
But to Trust and Obey.

:love: