• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Word for Today / Overcoming Stress (2)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
Overcoming Stress (2)

‘I seek not to please Myself but Him who sent Me.’ John 5:30 NIV

Know who you are trying to please. Jesus didn’t try to please everybody, so isn’t it foolish for you to try to do something even God doesn’t do? It was a settled issue with Jesus: ‘I’m going to please God, full stop!’

And God replied, ‘This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.’ (Matthew 3:17 KJV) When you lose sight of who you’re trying to please you’ll always cave in to three things:

(1) Criticism, because you’re overly concerned about what others think of you.

(2) Competition, because you’re afraid somebody will get ahead of you.

(3) Conflict, because you’re threatened by anyone who disagrees with you.

Jesus said, ‘But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.’ (Matthew 6:33 NKJV) By focusing on God’s will you simplify your life! You’ll always be doing the right thing, the thing that pleases Him, regardless of what anybody else thinks. We love to blame stress on other people and on our obligations: ‘You made me do… I have to… I’ve got to.’

Actually, there are few things in life apart from our jobs that we must do. So what we’re really saying is, ‘I choose to [fill in the blank] because I don’t want to handle the consequences otherwise.’ Rarely does anybody make us do anything, so we can’t blame other people for our stress. When we feel pressured, we’re choosing to let others put us there. The fact is, we’re not victims unless we allow ourselves to be pressured by outside demands.

written by Bob Gass

Active
Bob Gass has no ex he has to obey or else his kids are taken from him by ze gestapo, so I don't really care what he has to say with his easy life. Those ppl annoy me to no end.

Goodness, way to get me totally stressed up, is saying: oh just stay calm, just like me. My mom always did that. Dad would bark come here hurry up! Ooh let him wait we're not gonna hurry. Then I would scream to her to hurry up so he would stop screaming on my head.

Abusers always say that. Let you do everything til you collapse and then say: dont always blame someone else. Well yes you're right. I should not care one bit and not let my peace be robbed, but if you could just simply stop demanding, thatd be great.

So irritating those ppl. Why are you stressed? I never have stress. You're bad. I'm better. No of course you never have stress. You don't even have a job for goodness sakes. Just lazy around all day and they're proud to have no stress. No kids. Need to be nowhere in time. No consequences. Now if someone in one big stressful situation stays in His peace anyway, ah yes please, teach me.

Way to get rid of stress: get rid of the ones who cause it.
One boss drove a lot of ppl sick home, psychological problems. He tried to make me insane. It was the devil working through him. I forgave him and one collegue was amazed I staid calm and went to work anyway. Later I heard that he did it with others too. They were home, sick. We could have a say who we wanted as a manager and with 4 other ppl we said we want that other guy and we got him.
That man sent me to a psychiater. She said I was crazy cause I didn't worry about losing my job. Lol. And if youre crazy they cant fire you. Fabulous.

Loyal
Top Poster Of Month
So irritating those ppl. Why are you stressed? I never have stress. You're bad. I'm better. No of course you never have stress. You don't even have a job for goodness sakes. Just lazy around all day and they're proud to have no stress. No kids. Need to be nowhere in time. No consequences. Now if someone in one big stressful situation stays in His peace anyway, ah yes please, teach me.
You are very lucky my friend if you don't experience stress.

Parents with children have stress.

We can avoid a lot of stress, giving our issues to the Lord, but in this world there will always be stress.

Stress occurs if we get in debt, stress occurs when the boss wants more, stress occurs when a loved one passes from this life, it is hard to avoid.

But Jesus tells us, do not worry about tomorrow, tomorrow will have enough problems of its own. Come unto me all ye who are heavy laden, our Lord says, and I will give you rest.

Loyal
Top Poster Of Month
Overcoming Stress (2)

‘I seek not to please Myself but Him who sent Me.’ John 5:30 NIV

Know who you are trying to please. Jesus didn’t try to please everybody, so isn’t it foolish for you to try to do something even God doesn’t do? It was a settled issue with Jesus: ‘I’m going to please God, full stop!’

And God replied, ‘This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.’ (Matthew 3:17 KJV) When you lose sight of who you’re trying to please you’ll always cave in to three things:

(1) Criticism, because you’re overly concerned about what others think of you.

(2) Competition, because you’re afraid somebody will get ahead of you.

(3) Conflict, because you’re threatened by anyone who disagrees with you.

Jesus said, ‘But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.’ (Matthew 6:33 NKJV) By focusing on God’s will you simplify your life! You’ll always be doing the right thing, the thing that pleases Him, regardless of what anybody else thinks. We love to blame stress on other people and on our obligations: ‘You made me do… I have to… I’ve got to.’

Actually, there are few things in life apart from our jobs that we must do. So what we’re really saying is, ‘I choose to [fill in the blank] because I don’t want to handle the consequences otherwise.’ Rarely does anybody make us do anything, so we can’t blame other people for our stress. When we feel pressured, we’re choosing to let others put us there. The fact is, we’re not victims unless we allow ourselves to be pressured by outside demands.

written by Bob Gass
What you have shared is good and may help some but, stress is a big umbrella not just the few Bob has included in his list above.

But I did chuckle sister at the last paragraph. There are few things in life apart from our jobs we must do.

Tell a teenager that... tidy your room, put your clothes away, put your dirty washing in the wash basket, turn the noise down, etc etc. :laughing: