• Hi Guest!

You may be aware that "big tech" has been aggressively censoring conservatives on Twitter, Facebook, Google, Instagram, YouTube and other social media platforms. This is tyrannical and suppressive towards Christians and conservatives.

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Word for Today / Marriage: it takes two

Staff Member
Marriage: it takes two

‘Each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself and the wife must respect her husband.’ Ephesians 5:33 NIV

A woman went away on a long weekend retreat. Halfway through the final Monday morning session she suddenly jumped to her feet and left the room. Concerned, a friend followed her to see what had made her leave the meeting so abruptly. She found the woman hanging up a telephone in the lobby. ‘Is everything all right?’ she asked urgently. ‘Oh, yes,’ the woman responded sheepishly. ‘I didn’t mean to alarm you, but I suddenly remembered that it’s Monday morning bin day.’ Her friend replied, ‘Bin day? Isn’t your husband at home?’ ‘Yes,’ replied the woman, ‘but it takes two of us to put out the bin. I can’t carry it, and he can’t remember it!’ The secret of a good marriage lies in learning how to live and work together. And here are ten suggestions to help you accomplish that goal:

(1) Agree to pray together daily.

(2) Find something good to say about each other every day.

(3) Don’t forget to snuggle.

(4) Think of yourselves as a team—not just a couple.

(5) Respect your differences.

(6) Eat at least one meal together each day.

(7) Submit your disagreements to God.

(8) Develop a strong sense of humour.

(9) Identify ‘your special place’, and ‘your special song’.

(10) Reminisce together.

Ironically, the number one reason given for divorce today is ‘incompatibility’. Well, guess what? You are supposed to be different! When two people with different gifts decide to love one another and listen to one another, their differences can become a source of strength rather than a source of weakness. Marriage: it takes two!

written by Bob Gass

Staff Member
‘but it takes two of us to put out the bin. I can’t carry it, and he can’t remember it!’
i like that!
It can be a mission to remember sometimes.. actually, most times. Methinks he (that Mr Gass) might have been spying on me!!

Those ten suggestions would at times equate to determined commitment although ought to be a manifestation of the obedience to what the Lord directed in Ephesians 5:33

(1) Agree to pray together daily.

(2) Find something good to say about each other every day.

(3) Don’t forget to snuggle.

(4) Think of yourselves as a team—not just a couple.

(5) Respect your differences.

(6) Eat at least one meal together each day.

(7) Submit your disagreements to God.

(8) Develop a strong sense of humour.

(9) Identify ‘your special place’, and ‘your special song’.

(10) Reminisce together.

thank you for sharing this LLJ

Bless you ....><>