• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Word for Today / Increase Your Pastor’s Effectiveness (3)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
Increase Your Pastor’s Effectiveness (3)

[COLOR=#ff0000]‘[Pastors]…should be considered worthy of respect.’ 1 Timothy 5:17 PHPS[/COLOR]

When it comes to pastors: (1) You must pray for them. Nothing releases the power of a pastor’s ministry like the prayers of their flock. Paul recognised that his effectiveness in ministry depended on the people’s prayers: ‘Pray in the Spirit… Pray also for me, that whenever I open my mouth, words may be given me… that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the Gospel.’ (Ephesians 6:18–19 NIV)

Satan targets pastors who preach the truth. The thing he hates and fears most is God’s Word: ‘Our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against… the powers of this dark world and… spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.’ (Ephesians 6:12 NIV) Often when pastors are preaching, the spiritual struggle is so intense that afterwards they find themselves drained. Praying ‘in the Spirit’ for your pastor strengthens them and maximises their effectiveness when it comes to reaching the lost and bringing those who are saved into spiritual maturity (see 1 Corinthians 1:21).

(2) You must respect them. In a day when church has become more ‘casual’, it’s easy to lose respect for God’s leaders. The Israelites did it: ‘The Lord Himself has scattered them… The priests are shown no honour, the elders no favour.’ (Lamentations 4:16 NIV) And God’s standards haven’t changed: ‘Elders [pastors] with a gift of leadership should be considered worthy of respect.’ By respecting your pastor and church leaders, you act as a role model for the sacredness of God’s ministry to this generation and the next.

written by Bob Gass

I apologize sis, but I must disagree with you on this. Pastors in churches preach, they don't teach. Do they preach the truth? What is defined as the truth in the word of Yah? - "Your righteousness is righteousness forever, And Your Torah is truth." (Ps 119:142). Have you ever heard a pastor preaching the law-keeping? I didn't, instead, they preach that Messiah came and destroyed the law, but if that's true, how come we are to keep the 10 commandments, since they are part of the Torah. And how can we love God, if we don't have the instructions, which are in the Torah. Sunday churches are doing great disservice to the Most High because of the man-made doctrines they have, and traditions. It's the same thing as it was when Messiah quoted Isaiah to the Pharisees - "And in vain do they worship Me, teaching as teachings the commands of men." (Mark 7:7). I know there are pastors and preachers doing it out of love, thinking that they're doing the will of God, but this doesn't nullify the word of God. "Woe to the shepherds destroying and scattering the sheep of My pasture!” declares יהוה." (Jer 23:1). Shalom!

Least amongst the Best
Staff Member
Greetings,

I apologize sis, but I must disagree with you on this. Pastors in churches preach, they don't teach
And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

Are you saying that all pastors do not teach? Have you heard them all ?

Marek, you are mistaken about Torah. May I ask, are you a Jew, were you brought up a Jew ? If not , where did you get your notions about Torah? Please be honest.
You continue to preach/teach (attempt to teach, that is , for to say you teach implies that you do actually teach someone) keeping Torah here at TalkJesus.

Could you please explain what Torah is AND tell us exactly what laws you think we should 'keep'?

If you can not do this, please refrain from correcting others (attempting to) and from pushing law enforcement (Judaising) on TalkJesus.

Bless you ....><>

Don't bring judaism into this, have you not heard that their Talmud rejects Yahusha as being Messiah? Their talmud describes Messiah as this "Jesus Christ was illegitimate and was conceived during menstruation; that he had the soul of Esau; that he was a fool, a conjurer, a seducer; that he was crucified, buried in hell and set up as an idol ever since by his followers." I came out of religion, because there isn't the truth available for people who want to follow Yahusha.
Judaism teach salvation by works, and christianity on other hand, teach that the Torah was done away with, lawlessness or salvation by faith, but without works, and we know that faith without works is dead. Both religions have their own traditions, and doctrines, which don't line up with the word of God. I'm glad that I stepped out from Babylon (Rev 18:4).
The law in Hebrew is called Torah, it means guidelines and instructions, and it's not only for Jews to keep, but also for those who want to become citizens of Israel (spiritually meant). "One law is for you of the assembly and for the stranger who sojourns with you – a law forever throughout your generations. As you are, so is the stranger before יהוה." (Num 15:15). Notice "a law forever throughout your generations" it doesn't say, "a law until Messiah comes and destroys it so you don't have to keep it anymore". People continuously point to Paul to justify their lawlessness, and there's a reason Peter warned us about that.

"and reckon the patience of our Master as deliverance, as also our beloved brother Sha’ul (Paul) wrote to you, according to the wisdom given to him,
as also in all his letters, speaking in them concerning these matters, in which some are hard to understand, which those who are untaught and unstable twist to their own destruction, as they do also the other Scriptures.
You, then, beloved ones, being forewarned, watch, lest you also fall from your own steadfastness, being led away with the delusion of the lawless,
but grow in the favour and knowledge of our Master and Saviour יהושע Messiah. To Him be the esteem both now and to a day that abides. Amĕn." (2 Peter 3:15-18)

Matt 5:17 - "Do not think that I came to destroy the Torah or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to complete. (If the Torah was nailed to the cross, wouldn't He say this? - Believe that I have come to destroy the the law and the prophets: I have come fulfil it so you don't have to".
The Torah is in the first five books of the OT - Sabbath day, Feasts, commandments and food law. Yahusha taught nothing new, only the Torah.The problem is that the Roman Catholic Church which basically created christianity, edited some parts to make it fit for their lawless doctrines, as we were warned - "and it speaks words against the Most High, and it wears out the set-apart ones of the Most High, and it intends to change appointed times and law, and they are given into its hand for a time and times and half a time" (Daniel 7:25). This verse speaks about the beast (RCC/christianity). I can't afford to be a stumbling-block to anybody, I hope that this brought you some clarity into why I disagree with the church.