• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Word for Today / Husbands and Wives (4)

Staff Member
Husbands and Wives (4)

‘In Adam all die.’
 1 Corinthians 15:22 NIV

The Bible says, ‘In Adam all die.’ Why Adam? He was called to be the head of the first family, therefore he was responsible for what happened in the home. As people, husbands and wives are equal under God. But in marriage each has a different role. What happened in the first home was the result of two people wanting to live independently of God. That’s the way many relationships function today. One or both partners choose to live their lives separately from God’s rule and authority. It shows up in the 36 per cent divorce rate we’re experiencing. And that doesn’t take into consideration that many who remain married say they’re not happy and wouldn’t marry the same person again. Conflict arises when you and your spouse have different histories, learning styles, personalities, and backgrounds. One spouse might say, ‘My father raised me like this,’ or ‘My mother always did that.’

We all have our own idea of what makes up ‘the knowledge of good and evil’―what’s right and what’s wrong for a marriage. Everyone has an opinion. The problem is, you can spend your life arguing over opinions and get nowhere. As followers of Christ, we’re called to live our lives and build our marriages on Biblical revelation, not personal intuition. Adam’s job was to get God’s viewpoint on issues pertaining to life and family, then share it with the other members of the family. How? By being a loving husband and modelling godly leadership. When a home functions this way, God’s blessing will be present.

written by Bob Gass