• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Word for Today / How To Keep Your Peace And Joy

Staff Member
How To Keep Your Peace And Joy

‘May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing.’ Romans 15:13 AMPC

The Lord has promised us a sense of joy in the midst of every circumstance we face. Jesus said, ‘I have told you this so that My joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete.’ (John 15:11 NIV) So how can you hold on to your joy and not lose it? The apostle Paul tells us, ‘May the God of your hope so fill you with all joy and peace in believing [through the experience of your faith] that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound and be overflowing (bubbling over) with hope.’ (Romans 15:13 AMPC)

Notice that all-important word ‘believing’. It’s ok to have questions, but you must never doubt God’s love and faithfulness towards you. Joyce Meyer writes: ‘I remember an evening when I was feeling strongly dissatisfied and discontented. I had no peace or joy and was absolutely miserable. I read Romans chapter 15:13, and it was indeed “a word in season” for me. My problem was simple: I was doubting instead of believing. I was doubting God’s unconditional love for me, doubting that I could hear from Him, doubting His call on my life, doubting that He was pleased with me. I was filled with doubt… doubt… doubt. When I saw the problem and got back into faith and out of doubt… my joy and peace returned immediately. I’ve found the same thing to be true again and again in my life. When my joy and peace seem to be gone, I check my believing—usually it is gone also.’

And the same principle applies to you today!

written by Bob Gass

Here's my approach to walking in the Spirit. (true happiness)

“Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;” (2 Corinthians 10:5) (KJV 1900)

We censor every impure thought or imagination. And change the channel in our thinking on any thought that does not conform to obedience to Christ.

And we replace it with:

“Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.” (Philippians 4:8)

Knowing Jesus is God and God is love. So Jesus is Lord of our lives when love rules our thoughts and actions.