• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Word for Today / He’s Always A Step Ahead (1)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
He’s Always A Step Ahead 1 and 2

[COLOR=#ff0000]‘Before they call, I will answer; and while they are still speaking, I will hear.’ Isaiah 65:24 NKJV[/COLOR]

When Wilda Lahmann’s husband woke in the small hours of the morning gasping for air and clutching his chest, there wasn’t time to wait for an ambulance. She got him into the car and he slumped against the door. She writes: ‘Fifteen miles to the hospital…we’re not gonna make it. Please send help, Lord! A mile down the road I saw something. Were my eyes playing tricks? It was an ambulance with a paramedic standing beside it. Was he waiting for us? Who could’ve known to call? I slammed on the brakes and ran screaming for help. They started treatment immediately and rushed Randy to the hospital. The next three days were touch-and-go. I never left his bedside, praying he’d wake up. When he did, he asked, “What happened?” “You had a massive heart attack. Another minute or two and who knows?” “You called the paramedics?” Randy asked. “No,” I replied. “They were responding to an accident at that intersection. They even called headquarters to confirm they had the right location. Then we came along seconds later.” Fifteen miles on empty roads in the middle of the night; Randy’s heart attack would’ve been fatal if the paramedics hadn’t been there. I’d say they were in the perfect location.’

Often in a crisis there’s no time to call the pastor or your prayer partner. That’s when it’s good to know God said, ‘Before they call I will answer, and while they are yet speaking I will hear.’ He’s on the job 24/7, redeeming ‘your life from destruction’ (Psalm 103:4 NKJV) long before you even know you are in trouble!

He’s Always A Step Ahead (2)

[COLOR=#ff0000]‘His faithful promises are your armour and protection.’ Psalm 91:4 NLT[/COLOR]

A vendor at a fair gave Mavis Gustafson Pigford a free Gideon Bible. She tucked it in her purse and forgot about it. Later as she walked along, a car pulled up, the driver pointed a gun and told her to get in. She writes: ‘I did as he said. He pulled over and tried to force me down on the seat. I struggled… and finally he ordered me out of the car. Before my feet hit the ground, I heard a shot and felt a sharp pain in my side. I collapsed, and the man came around… took my wallet… threw my purse at my head and shot it. I felt a dreadful impact. Still conscious… I heard the car drive away and I stumbled to a nearby farmhouse. The woman called for help… and as I was rushed to hospital, the police closed in on the drug-crazed driver who attacked me. Before surgery to remove the bullet in my side, my sister came to see me. “Do you know what saved your life?” she asked. She handed me the Bible from my purse. A bullet was lodged inside, its tip stopping exactly at Psalm 37:14–15 NIV: “The wicked draw the sword… to slay those whose ways are upright. But their swords will pierce their own hearts, and their bows will be broken.”’

Yet another example of how God’s always a step ahead: ‘He will rescue you from every trap… shelter you with His wings. His faithful promises are your armour and protection… He will order His angels to protect you wherever you go…The Lord says, “I will rescue those who love Me… protect those who trust in My name.”’ (Psalm 91:3–4, 11, 14 NLT)

written by Bob Gass