• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Word for Today / Free to be Yourself!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
Free to be Yourself!

‘If the Son makes you free, then you are unquestionably free.’ John 8:36 AMP

We live in a world of peer pressure. Others set the standard and we wear it, drive it, quote it or do it. In some cases that’s ok, but not when it comes to your life’s direction. Jesus said, ‘If the Son makes you free, then you are unquestionably free.’ (John 8:36AMP) That means you’re free from the pressures others try to put on you; free to be the person God called you to be; free to look to Him for answers instead of always looking to other people. The Bible says, ‘A man can receive nothing… unless it has been granted to him from Heaven.’ (John 3:27 AMP)

When you scratch the surface, you discover that deep down many of us struggle with insecurity. We’re competitive, always comparing ourselves to others. We’re envious of their possessions, abilities and accomplishments. We find ourselves trying to keep up with certain people, or be just like them. And as a result we get frustrated because we’re operating outside of what God called us to be. In other words, we’re not being ourselves!

Understand this: the Christian life is a race, and you must run on your own track. You’ll never enjoy the fullness of God’s blessing until you commit to being the person He created you to be. So look in the mirror today and announce, ‘I am what I am. I can’t be anything other than what God has called me to be. So I’m going to concentrate on being the best me I can be—and celebrate every moment of it.’

written by Bob Gass

Active
Only if we continue in the Words of Christ are we made free, and it has nothing to do with "being yourself" rather it has everything to do with "denying yourself".

Loyal
I am being reminded of the scripture in which Mary the mother of Jesus said, "My soul doeth magnify the Lord"
This was a profound saying. It tells us that the Glory of God which is Jesus Christ in us is magnified through our "soul". Our soul being our personality, and emotions. This would indicate that each and every member in the body of Christ is unique, and different from one another. As it is written, "......each star differs in glory one from another" (1 Cor 15:41) So it is with every member in the body of Christ. As we all have the same Glory, the same Spirit yet it is our soul that magnifies the Lord and comes out of each of us differently, but being the same God who is in us.

It would be pretty boring if we were all the same. Thank God for our individuality so we can be our self's, and at the same time be one body.