• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Word for Today / Be a uniter, not a divider

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
Be a uniter, not a divider

‘How good… it is… to dwell together in unity!’ Psalm 133:1 NKJV

David said, ‘Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity… there the Lord commanded the blessing.’ (Psalm 133:1–3 NKJV) When we strive to work together in spite of our differences, God ‘commands’ His blessing to be upon our efforts. Satan knows this, so his chief strategy is to divide and conquer. He knows the power, synergy, and blessing that results from working in harmony; therefore he makes every effort to bring division. So when things begin to splinter and fall apart, look for ‘the devil in the details’.

The sixth chapter of Proverbs lists seven things the Lord detests; among them is ‘a man who stirs up dissension.’ (Proverbs 6:19 NIV) Paul says, ‘Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace.’ (Ephesians 4:3 NIV). (He knew that sometimes it required tremendous effort.) We can’t afford to be ignorant of Satan’s tactics designed to keep us at odds with one another. He’ll cause you to become offended over a harmless statement, or read more into a comment than the speaker intended, or ascribe impure motives to someone’s behaviour, or believe a lie.

But when you pray and seek God, He’ll reveal the truth of the situation. ‘He is our peace’ (Ephesians 2:14 KJV), and when we embrace Him, He directs us into peaceful resolution of our issues. In fact, our conflicts can become stepping stones to stronger relationships when we make a commitment to understand each other and refrain from divisiveness. That’s why Paul writes, ‘I plead with you to be of one mind, united in thought and purpose.’ (1 Corinthians 1:10 TLB

written by Bob Gass

Be a uniter, not a divider

‘How good… it is… to dwell together in unity!’ Psalm 133:1 NKJV

David said, ‘Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity… there the Lord commanded the blessing.’ (Psalm 133:1–3 NKJV) When we strive to work together in spite of our differences, God ‘commands’ His blessing to be upon our efforts. Satan knows this, so his chief strategy is to divide and conquer. He knows the power, synergy, and blessing that results from working in harmony; therefore he makes every effort to bring division. So when things begin to splinter and fall apart, look for ‘the devil in the details’.

The sixth chapter of Proverbs lists seven things the Lord detests; among them is ‘a man who stirs up dissension.’ (Proverbs 6:19 NIV) Paul says, ‘Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace.’ (Ephesians 4:3 NIV). (He knew that sometimes it required tremendous effort.) We can’t afford to be ignorant of Satan’s tactics designed to keep us at odds with one another. He’ll cause you to become offended over a harmless statement, or read more into a comment than the speaker intended, or ascribe impure motives to someone’s behaviour, or believe a lie.

But when you pray and seek God, He’ll reveal the truth of the situation. ‘He is our peace’ (Ephesians 2:14 KJV), and when we embrace Him, He directs us into peaceful resolution of our issues. In fact, our conflicts can become stepping stones to stronger relationships when we make a commitment to understand each other and refrain from divisiveness. That’s why Paul writes, ‘I plead with you to be of one mind, united in thought and purpose.’ (1 Corinthians 1:10 TLB

written by Bob Gass
The flesh of man can try get along with the flesh of man but the gospel of God will cause division among those who hear His voice and believe and those who cannot hear His voice and reject the gospel.

Matthew 10:
32: So every one who acknowledges me before men, I also will acknowledge before my Father who is in heaven;
33: but whoever denies me before men, I also will deny before my Father who is in heaven.
34: "Do not think that I have come to bring peace on earth; I have not come to bring peace, but a sword.
35: For I have come to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law;
36: and a man's foes will be those of his own household.
37: He who loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; and he who loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me;

Psalm 79.
1. O God, the heathen have come into thy inheritance; they have defiled thy holy temple; they have laid Jerusalem in ruins.
2. They have given the bodies of thy servants to the birds of the air for food, the flesh of thy saints to the beasts of the earth.
3. They have poured out their blood like water round about Jerusalem, and there was none to bury them.
4. We have become a taunt to our neighbors, mocked and derided by those round us.

1 Peter 2
7: To you therefore who believe, he is precious, but for those who do not believe, "The very stone which the builders rejected has become the head of the corner,"
8: and "A stone that will make men stumble, a rock that will make them fall"; for they stumble because they disobey the word, as they were destined to do.

Do not worry, God's plan for the redemption of all men will prevail after the last of the flesh of man has perished on the day of the Lord.