• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Word for Today / ‘If Mama ain’t happy, ain’t nobody happy’

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
‘If Mama ain’t happy, ain’t nobody happy’

[COLOR=#ff0000]‘Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others.’ Philippians 2:4 NKJV[/COLOR]

When it comes to homemaking, generally speaking women tend to care more than men about the house and everything that’s in it.

Marriage expert Dr. James Dobson shares the following insightful story: ‘A few years ago my wife and I hired a plumber to install a gas barbecue unit in the backyard, and then we left for the day. When we returned, we both observed that the device was mounted about eight inches too high. My wife Shirley and I stood looking at the appliance, and our reactions were quite different. I said, “Yeah, you’re right. The plumber made a mistake. By the way, what are we having for dinner tonight?” But Shirley reacted characteristically. She said, “I don’t think I can stand that thing sticking up in the air like that.”

I could have lived the rest of my life without thinking again about the height of the barbecue unit, but to Shirley it was a big deal. Why? Because to a man a home is a place where he can relax, kick off his shoes, and be himself. But to a woman, especially to a homemaker, the house is an extension of her personality. She expresses her individuality and her character through it. That’s why husbands would be wise to recognise this differing perspective, and accommodate the creative interests of their wives. By the way, the plumber was summoned back to our house the next day and asked to fix his mistake. As the saying goes, “If Mama ain’t happy, ain’t nobody happy.”’

written by Bob Gass

Active
‘If Mama ain’t happy, ain’t nobody happy’

[COLOR=#ff0000]‘Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others.’ Philippians 2:4 NKJV[/COLOR]

When it comes to homemaking, generally speaking women tend to care more than men about the house and everything that’s in it.

Marriage expert Dr. James Dobson shares the following insightful story: ‘A few years ago my wife and I hired a plumber to install a gas barbecue unit in the backyard, and then we left for the day. When we returned, we both observed that the device was mounted about eight inches too high. My wife Shirley and I stood looking at the appliance, and our reactions were quite different. I said, “Yeah, you’re right. The plumber made a mistake. By the way, what are we having for dinner tonight?” But Shirley reacted characteristically. She said, “I don’t think I can stand that thing sticking up in the air like that.”

I could have lived the rest of my life without thinking again about the height of the barbecue unit, but to Shirley it was a big deal. Why? Because to a man a home is a place where he can relax, kick off his shoes, and be himself. But to a woman, especially to a homemaker, the house is an extension of her personality. She expresses her individuality and her character through it. That’s why husbands would be wise to recognise this differing perspective, and accommodate the creative interests of their wives. By the way, the plumber was summoned back to our house the next day and asked to fix his mistake. As the saying goes, “If Mama ain’t happy, ain’t nobody happy.”’

written by Bob Gass
1Co 7:32 I want you to be free from the concerns of this life. An unmarried man can spend his time doing the Lord's work and thinking how to please Him.
1Co 7:33 But a married man has to think about his earthly responsibilities and how to please his wife.

Written by the Apostle Paul :smile:

Loyal
1Co 7:32 I want you to be free from the concerns of this life. An unmarried man can spend his time doing the Lord's work and thinking how to please Him.
1Co 7:33 But a married man has to think about his earthly responsibilities and how to please his wife.

Written by the Apostle Paul :smile:
But, let us not misunderstand believing that this means we are to get rid of our other half. It does not:

"But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female.
For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and cleave to his wife;
And they twain shall be one flesh: so then they are no more twain, but one flesh.
What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder." Mark 10:6-9

The Apostle was speaking of himself and others who would let a spouse come between him and God. This is perhaps where the trouble in the garden led...

We are where we are and it is from here that we must go ahead and serve God WITH the spouse that we already have.