• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Word 4U 2day/ The Thomas effect

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
The Thomas effect

'... Anyone who doubts is like a wave in the sea, blown up and down by the wind.' James 1:6

Doubts! We all have them! God says 'Anyone who doubts is like a wave in the sea, blown up and down by the wind.' Does this mean that God is dissing us if we doubt? No. Have you ever watched waves roll up the beach on a beach? They crash down and creep up the sand, then thrash back out, then they're back in again, then they're back out again. They're restless, they never settle.

That's what we're like when we doubt; we're unsettled, restless all the time. It's not a comfortable feeling and God doesn't want us be in this state, suffering. He's doesn't diss us for doubting. He encourages us to get rid of them. Thomas, one of Jesus' disciples was one serious doubter; that's where we get the phrase 'Doubting Thomas' from. So what did Jesus do? Tell him to get lost, 'don't hang around me if you can't trust me, Tom'? No way.

Jesus did everything needed to help Thomas get rid of all his angsty restless doubt and replace it with guaranteed hope, positivity, certainty, security in God. '"Then He said to Thomas, put your finger here, see my hands reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe." Thomas answered, "My Lord and my God"'(John 20: 27-28 NIV). Let Jesus in on your doubts. What He did for Thomas He will do for you.

written by Bob Gass