• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Word 4U 2day/I said 'Stop thinking about

Staff Member
I said 'Stop thinking about it!

'DO NOT REMEMBER THE THINGS THAT HAVE HAPPENED BEFORE. DO NOT THINK ABOUT THE THINGS OF THE PAST. SEE, I WILL DO A NEW THING' ISAIAH 43:19-18

Heard of David Beckham? Of course you have. Yet there was a time nobody knew him. He started out as most kids, loving football, dreaming of playing for his country. He played whenever he could and kept on practising. The mistakes he made, didn't stop him from keeping on trying, neither did getting beat!

He concentrated on his future, not what he couldn't do or had done wrong. He made his first Premier League appearance for Man United on 2 April 1995, in a 0-0 draw against Leeds United. It could have been all over for Beckham then, except he had a pretty cool manager, Alex Ferguson, who choose to do something new.

Instead of buying star players when experienced players left, he let the youth players replace them. He was criticised for it...especially when the season started with a 3-1 defeat! But Alex saw the potential in these young guys, he saw their hard work, dedication and determination. He did something new, so they could have a chance to fulfil their dreams. For Beckham... the rest, as we say, is History.

Imagine if had a manager like that, who'd take a risk on you so you could fulfil your dreams! Well guess what? U DO!!! God is the best manager you could ever have. He sees your potential and wants to unlock it! So get out there; God wants you on his team!

written by Bob Gass