• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Word 4U 2day/God will provide!

Staff Member
God will provide!

'...do not worry...' Matthew 6:31

King David writes, 'I was young and now I am old, yet I have never seen the righteous forsaken or their children begging bread' (Psalm 37:25 NIV). Nobody can say that King David lived a 'sheltered life'! He lived on the front line, and so when as an old man he shares his reflections about the way the world works we need to pay attention.

His advice to the next generation is to learn how to lean on God: 'Trust in the LORD and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture. Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him and he will do this;' (Psalm 37:3-5 NLT).

The sad thing is, even though David, Israel's greatest King, took the time to write down this advice, and even though it was taught year in year out in the schools and the synagogues of the land, the people just didn't follow it.

When Jesus began to minister He had to deal with the same issue saying: 'Do not worry, saying, "What shall we eat?" or "What shall we drink?" or "What shall we wear?"...your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well' (Matthew 6:31-33 NIV). So today, relax, no really, chill, trust, God will provide!

written by Bob Gass