• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Christ centered community forums.

Join over 10,000 worldwide members today

Register Log In

• Hi Guest!

I've added a brand new "Night Mode" option to our site design. I'd greatly appreciate your vote on this poll here.

To switch to night mode (or back to light/default theme) simply click on the "Site Menu" icon on top and on the dropdown choose "Switch to Night Mode" or "Switch to Light Mode"

Thank you.

Word 4 U 2day/To Infinity and Beyond!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff member
To Infinity and Beyond!

'We were bold in our God' 1 Thessalonians 2:2

The thing all those Christian heroes you read about in books have in common is boldness. You know the type - at the age of 17, our protagonist saves an entire tribe of pygmies armed with one sole copy of a Gideon's Bible and a dose of courage to rival Buzz Lightyear.

Have you ever dared believe that tomorrow's Christian hero biography could be yours? Seriously! The same spirit that lives in Nicky Cruz, Brother Andrew and Jackie Pullinger lives in you.

In fact, here's a mind-blowing thought: Jesus (He of walking on water and raising folks from the dead fame) says 'anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these' (John 14:12 NIV). What?! It seems Jesus is encouraging anyone with enough confidence in God to go on a history-changing, law-of-nature-defying, adventure of a lifetime.

But in order to do it, you're going to need to be brave. We're not talking the kind of bravery that gets you on Oblivion at Alton Towers; we're talking about an audacious confidence in God. We're talking about the ability, to not just study God's Word, but to act upon it.

Moses didn't hang about discussion groups arguing about whether God could part the sea; he took God at His word and placed his feet into the Red Sea. Go on, be brave - have the cheek to take God at His word.

written by Bob Gass