• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Word 4 U 2day/ The Caleb cause 'n' effect (1)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
The Caleb cause 'n' effect (1)

'The Lord has kept me alive...' Joshua 14:10

Ah, living the dream: guessing six random numbers on a rollover week, and trading that winning lottery ticket for pina coladas in the Caribbean forever. Reality check: this side of eternity, us God-getters can forget kicking back - we're supposed to push forwards. There are no early retirement plans where God's concerned. Our time on earth is short, every second counts.

Our top priority now must be seeing God's justice rule. How can we even dream of the high life when millions are still trapped in the low life? Caleb had the right idea. Instead of booking his place in the old folks home, aged 85, he said 'The Lord has kept me alive ... just as my strength was then, so now is my strength for war ... give me this mountain of which the Lord spoke in that day

... And Joshua blessed him, and gave Hebron to Caleb ... because he wholly followed the Lord...' (Josh. 14:10-14 NKJ). There was no bowls in the park or dominoes down the pub for Caleb. He was full of fighting talk till his last breath. When God shows you something worth fighting for it'll rattle your bones and boil your blood till the day you step into heaven.

Do you want to hear God's pension plan for you? 'Learn to do good. Seek justice. Help the oppressed. Defend the cause of the orphans. Fight for the rights of widows' (Is. 1:17 NLT).

written by Bob Gass