• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Word 4 U 2day/ Hide and seek

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
Hide and seek

'The Lord, whom you seek, will suddenly come' Malachi 3:1

We've all played it and maybe even still do - hide and seek! You go off to hide and then your friend tries to find you and vice-versa. Playing it with small children can be scary - they can be so good at it, you start believing they must have been abducted by aliens - it's the only explanation surely?

Do you ever sometimes feel that God is playing hide and seek with you? One minute being a Christian feels great; you have amazing experiences of God; you feel Him with you big time, all the time; you ask questions and you get answers; He gives you visions, pictures, words of wisdom; you hear his voice as clear as your own and then.............nothing! It's like He's hiding - you can't see Him or hear Him anywhere. And it's usually at a time when you feel like you need Him the most. You turn to Him and it feels like He's gone. You're left crying, 'Where are you God, I need you?' Don't rely on your feelings.

God promises: 'I'll never let you down, never walk off and leave you' (Heb. 13:5 TM). When things get tough, God promises: 'When you're in over your head, I'll be there with you. When you're in rough waters, you will not go down' (Is. 43:2 TM). If you're feeling like God has deserted you, know for sure 'the Lord, whom you seek, will suddenly come'.

written by Bob Gass

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
ladylovesJesus Devotionals 1
ladylovesJesus Devotionals 0
ladylovesJesus Devotionals 0