• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Word 4 U 2day/FORGOTTEN (2)

Staff Member
FORGOTTEN (2)

'...Nothing can ever separate [me] from God's love...' Romans 8:38

'Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely...' writes David in Psalm 25:16. Loneliness, that awful feeling of desolation and emptiness, is something that mankind has been experiencing for millennia. When David felt it, he didn't hold back - he spilt his guts and told God everything, 'Look to my right and see; no one is concerned for me. I have no refuge; no one cares for my life' (Psalm 142:4 NIV).

Job felt so misunderstood and rejected by his friends, he told God, 'I despise my life ... my days have no meaning' (Job 7:16 NIV). Elijah became consumed with loneliness and prayed that he might die, '...I have had enough, Lord ... Take my life...' (1 Kings. 19:3-5 NIV).

Because of his isolation, Jeremiah told God, 'Cursed be the day I was born ... Why did I ever come out of the womb to see trouble and sorrow...?' (Jeremiah 20:14-18 NIV)

Wrapped up in their isolated state, each of them prayed big bold real prayers, and get this: God never barked back at them to 'shut up'. He never told them off for 'being silly'. He never shouted 'pull yourself together' at them. God loved them, understood them and listened to their emotional pain.

When we are overcome with loneliness, we too need to turn to the real cure. God is the only who truly gets us, understands what we're going through and can help us overcome feeling forgotten.

What now? If you're feeling like this, express it in writing a song or poem, just like David did in the Psalms.

written by Bob Gass