• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Word 4 U 2day/Case Studies in (4)

Staff Member
Case Studies in Crashing (4)

''A righteous man may fall seven times and rise again...' ' Proverbs 24:16

How dare he talk to me like that in front of all those guests?. Taking the side of a common tart over me. That man is losing the plot. Everyone is thinking it; only I'm brave enough to challenge him. I stand by what I said, 'that bottle of perfume could've been sold and the money given to the poor'.

'She's done a beautiful thing' he says, 'The poor you will always have, but you won't always have me'. Well I'm sick of it. Sick of the guessing games. If you really are who you say you are, prove it. In fact, here, have a helping hand from me, your old friend, Judas. Me and a few guys from the temple have got together. And we're going to force you to go public with your claims. Even if we have to arrest you.

Judas teaches us the flip side of failure. Yes, he's done the unthinkable to Jesus, handed him over for some pieces of silver. But hadn't Simon Peter betrayed Jesus by denying him? Hadn't every single disciple done the dirty by running away in his hour of need?

So why do the others get reinstated after the resurrection but Judas is written off as the man who betrayed him forever?

The answer lies in Judas' reaction to his failure. All the others allow themselves to be forgiven and reinstated. Judas ends his own life rather than repent.

Lesson: you must bring your failures humbly before Jesus.

written by Bob Gass