• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Word 4 U 2day/BELIEVE GOD FOR YOUR HEALING

Staff Member
BELIEVE GOD FOR YOUR HEALING

‘…I am the Lord, who heals you.’
Exodus 15:26

In the Bible, one of the names God chooses to be called by is ‘Jehovah Rapha,’ which means ‘I am the Lord who heals.’ Now, if God calls Himself the healer, then you have the right to believe what He says and expect that, given an opportunity, He will perform His role competently. After all, His credibility depends on living up to His name.

The Psalmist said, ‘…Your promises are backed by all the honour of your name’ (Psalms 138:2 NLT). Has God changed? No; He says, ‘…I am the Lord All-Powerful, and I never change’ (Malachi 3:6 CEV). And Jesus, who is God, is ‘…the same yesterday and today and forever’ (Hebrews 13:8 NIV). What He was, He still is. What He did, He still does.

So, when you or a loved one is sick, do these two things:

1) Pray, in faith believing. A ‘good faith’ deal requires that both parties trust each other’s word. Their trust is a rational decision of their will, not their emotions. Faith is your will deciding that God will keep the promise He has made to you. It’s refusing to be ambivalent by saying, ‘If only I felt more positive.’ No business could survive such ambiguity. Jesus spelled it out clearly: ‘…All things for which you pray and ask, believe that you have received them, and they will be granted you’ (Mark 11:24 NAS).

2) Look for faith-partners who will pray with you. ‘…Pray for each other so that you may be healed…’ (James 5:16 NLT). ‘…If two of you agree…concerning anything you ask, my Father in heaven will do it for you’ (Matthew 18:19 NLT).

written by Bob Gass

Making choices.

BELIEVE GOD FOR YOUR HEALING

‘…I am the Lord, who heals you.’
Exodus 15:26

In the Bible, one of the names God chooses to be called by is ‘Jehovah Rapha,’ which means ‘I am the Lord who heals.’ Now, if God calls Himself the healer, then you have the right to believe what He says and expect that, given an opportunity, He will perform His role competently. After all, His credibility depends on living up to His name.

The Psalmist said, ‘…Your promises are backed by all the honour of your name’ (Psalms 138:2 NLT). Has God changed? No; He says, ‘…I am the Lord All-Powerful, and I never change’ (Malachi 3:6 CEV). And Jesus, who is God, is ‘…the same yesterday and today and forever’ (Hebrews 13:8 NIV). What He was, He still is. What He did, He still does.

So, when you or a loved one is sick, do these two things:

1) Pray, in faith believing. A ‘good faith’ deal requires that both parties trust each other’s word. Their trust is a rational decision of their will, not their emotions. Faith is your will deciding that God will keep the promise He has made to you. It’s refusing to be ambivalent by saying, ‘If only I felt more positive.’ No business could survive such ambiguity. Jesus spelled it out clearly: ‘…All things for which you pray and ask, believe that you have received them, and they will be granted you’ (Mark 11:24 NAS).

2) Look for faith-partners who will pray with you. ‘…Pray for each other so that you may be healed…’ (James 5:16 NLT). ‘…If two of you agree…concerning anything you ask, my Father in heaven will do it for you’ (Matthew 18:19 NLT).

written by Bob Gass

Fact. In my original self, despite being born a long long way down the line from the first Adam, I still had his earthly nature.

Fact. I have now been born from above through my Heavenly Father's seed. I am a new creation in Christ Jesus.

Fact. Jesus, the firstborn Son of God, the lamb slain from the foundation of the world, with his own blood paid the death sentence due the first Adam.

Fact. Jesus is the second Adam. He inherits all.

Fact. I am now part of his heritage. I possess Jesus and his Father's nature. My predisposition is no longer earthly.

Fact. No longer being in the first Adam, but in Christ the second Adam, I am effectively conveyed right back to the garden of Eden prior to the fall, when it was still paradise.

Fact. Being hidden in Christ, the way to the Tree of Life is no longer blocked. My diet is no longer man's independent reasoning, but fruit from the Tree of Life. I eat and drink the wisdom of God.

Fact. Prior to the fall, when God looked at all that he had created, he saw that it was very good. There was nothing bad or adverse in it. Having all of my being in hidden Christ, this is my true heritage.

Fact. Jesus proclaimed that the Kingdom of God is nigh unto us. This means here and now today, not just after we are dead. Therefore sickness and lack is no longer my heritage. I have a heavenly heritage which if I choose, I can take by faith.

Fact. I choose. I choose every day.

Last edited: