• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Wonders of a Hidden World

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
O LORD, how manifold are Your works! In wisdom You have made them all. The earth is full of Your possessions--This great and wide sea, In which [are] innumerable teeming things, Living things both small and great. Psalm 104:24-25

Son this day in 1953, Jacques Cousteau published his most famous work. The Silent World. The film of the book revealed previously unseen vistas of the world beneath the waves—tropical fish and whales and coral reefs.

Some of God’s best gifts are found in the great outdoors—and you don’t have to be a world-class kayaker or hardcore rock climber to appreciate them. Simple pleasures like sunsets and constellations aren’t just indulgences for people with extra time on their hands. They’re an essential part of the way that God speaks. “Day unto day utters speech, and night unto night reveals knowledge” (Psalm 19:2). Are you listening?

If you can, carve out some time to get out in the natural world and look for God’s hand at work. If you’re thinking, Rocks and trees just don’t do it for me, you can still look for God’s handiwork in your daily life. Of all the marvels of creation, humans are at the top of the list. Everyone you see, though damaged by sin and life experiences, is a beloved son or daughter of the Creator. Each is fearfully and wonderfully made, and there’s nothing better than being a part of God’s purposes in your interactions with them.

Loyal
O LORD, how manifold are Your works! In wisdom You have made them all. The earth is full of Your possessions--This great and wide sea, In which [are] innumerable teeming things, Living things both small and great. Psalm 104:24-25

Son this day in 1953, Jacques Cousteau published his most famous work. The Silent World. The film of the book revealed previously unseen vistas of the world beneath the waves—tropical fish and whales and coral reefs.

Some of God’s best gifts are found in the great outdoors—and you don’t have to be a world-class kayaker or hardcore rock climber to appreciate them. Simple pleasures like sunsets and constellations aren’t just indulgences for people with extra time on their hands. They’re an essential part of the way that God speaks. “Day unto day utters speech, and night unto night reveals knowledge” (Psalm 19:2). Are you listening?

If you can, carve out some time to get out in the natural world and look for God’s hand at work. If you’re thinking, Rocks and trees just don’t do it for me, you can still look for God’s handiwork in your daily life. Of all the marvels of creation, humans are at the top of the list. Everyone you see, though damaged by sin and life experiences, is a beloved son or daughter of the Creator. Each is fearfully and wonderfully made, and there’s nothing better than being a part of God’s purposes in your interactions with them.
This reminds me of an understanding I came to recently. I watched a movie a couple years ago..I do not rememberthe name of it, but that's ok because its not really worth watching. LOL It told a story of the hero and his friends traveling to different worlds via portals...To traverse from one world, Earth, to another they entered a 'nexus world' where there were many portalst to the other worlds. They had,of course to choose the right portal to enter the world they wanted to go to....
Our world is a type of that nexus world...On the other side of some portals lies the world of the evil one...And there is also a portal to what we know as heaven...Jesus is that portal...Yet I do wonder....Jesus talked about those who sneaked into heaven and got kicked out again...Is there a 'back door' into heaven where the thieves enter? I don't know either. LOL

Staff Member
Yet I do wonder....Jesus talked about those who sneaked into heaven and got kicked out again...Is there a 'back door' into heaven where the thieves enter? I don't know either. LOL
Don't think so, unless God allows it to be.
However, if He does, and they do make it. I don't think they're staying long :wink:
Even worse to contemplate. Is to have been there, to see Heaven, and then to be kicked out to never return? Horror?
Indeed!

Loyal
Don't think so, unless God allows it to be.
However, if He does, and they do make it. I don't think they're staying long :wink:
Even worse to contemplate. Is to have been there, to see Heaven, and then to be kicked out to never return? Horror?
Indeed!
Indescribable horror