• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Women teaching in the Church today?

Loyal
Women teaching in the Church today?

Are women allowed to teach in the body of Christ today? This is a major problem in the Church today, only because we do not understand the scriptures, so we have “LOGICALLY ANALYTICALLY” made things up that the Lord never intended, and that by using scriptures to proof it.

The Church's that come “AGAINST” women teachers the most have no problems with women teaching Sunday school class's as if the location, or the building size has anything to do with it!!! God's anointing is not limited to any specific place. It makes no difference where the Word is being taught, the Holy Spirit is there to work his miracles whether in a small Sunday school room class or large auditorium!! These Churches are so “HYPOCRITES” in their thinking!!

If women were not allowed to speak for God, or under the control of the Holly Spirit, then there should no place in scriptures where we find women doing so, as God is no respecter of persons, and he is the same yesterday, today, and for ever. (He changes not)
The Bible is filled with women speaking under the guidance of the Spirit of God.

Debora was one of Israel,s greatest prophets, and she was also the fourth “judge” to the nation of Israel. She was so loved that the generals of Israel would not go to war unless she went with them into battle!!

Then we have “Miriam, Huldah, Noadiah, and the Prophet Isaiah's wife, whose name we do not even know.
In the New Testament we have the “prophetess Anna” who lived during the time of Jesus. She would prophecy every day to all who would come unto the temple, and she did this day, and night!! (Luke 2:36-38) Now that's what I call a long service.

We have the very first preacher of the New Testament, who just happens to be “Mary Magdalene” who first saw the risen Lord. Jesus tells her.....

John 20:17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but GO TO MY BRETHREN, AND SAY UNTO THEM, I ASCEND UNTO MY FATHER, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.
John 20:18 MARY MAGDALENE CAME AND TOLD THE DISCIPLES that she had seen the Lord, and that he had spoken these things unto her.

Notice: Jesus did not say to her, “go find me a man so he can go and preach the Gospel to my brethren”

But does not the Bible teach that WOMEN are to keep silent in the Church?

1Co 14:34 LET YOUR WOMEN KEEP SILENCE IN THE CHURCHES: FOR IT IS NOT PERMITTED UNTO THEM TO SPEAK; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law.
1Co 14:35 And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

In the Greek language there is no word for “WIFE” so it used the word “WOMEN”. If we read the very next verse we find out that what the Apostle Paul was referring to was not “WOMEN” but “WIFES”!!! verse 35:

1 Cor 14:35 And if they (WIFES) will learn any thing, let them ask their HUSBANDS at home: for it is a shame for women (WIFES) to speak in the church.

It I s pretty annoying for any one whether it be a husband or wife to speak when a Church service is going on.

1Ti 2:11 LET THE WOMAN LEARN IN SILENCE WITH ALL SUBJECTION.
1Ti 2:12 BUT I SUFFER NOT A WOMAN TO TEACH, NOR TO USURP AUTHORITY OVER THE MAN, but to be in silence.
1Ti 2:13 For Adam was first formed, then Eve.
1Ti 2:14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression
1Ti 2:15 Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.

Here again we find Paul is NOT talking about all women, he is talking about “WIFES”, and “HUSBANDS” which is why he mentions Adam, and Eve who were husband and wife!! Man is the head of his wife, but only in a “MARRIAGE” CONTRACT!!! I am a man, but I am not the head of any other women except for my wife!! I am surely not the head of any other man's wife, as that would cause a lot of bad feelings, and fights among the Church members. :)

If a “HUSBAND” does not take his God given right to be the head of his family in marriage, I can tell you for sure the “WIFE” will step up to the plate and take on that responsibility her self, and I don't blame her, neither does God. Man is only the head of his wife in “marriage”, but he is not the head of his wife in Christ!!! There is no “MALE” or “FEMALE” in the Lord!!! (Gal 3:28) Christ is the head of the women in the same way Christ is the head of the man in the Lord!! It was very common during the days of Jesus, that women were much less educated than men, but today we do not have that problem as all men and women are equally educated.

1Tim 3:1 This is a true saying, If a MAN desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work.
1Tim 3:2 A bishop then must be blameless, THE HUSBAND OF ONE WIFE, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;

The word, “MAN” does not mean “MALE”!!! It means “WHOEVER, WHOSOEVER, or ANYONE”!! We just assume it means a “MAN” (Male). Then it says, that person must be the “HUSBAND” of one wife. This does not mean that this person (WHOEVER, WHOSOEVER, ANYONE) hast to be a man. It says if this person happens to be a MAN, then he must be the husband of just one wife.

Paul does not mention that a women would have this problem because it was very easy for a man to divorce his wife for almost no reason at all. Women did not have that luxury, under the Old or New Testament, so he does not need to mention it here.

When we find the word “MAN”, or “HE” in these scriptures these words do not mean “MALE” but whoever, whosoever, anyone. The word HE simply means he, or she, or a person.

If the Lord God did not want “WOMEN” to speak or teach in the Church, then he should have told the Holy Spirit not to come upon them (women) so that they can!! All 120 people in the upper room along with ALL the WOMEN spoke in tongues on the day of Pentecost, declaring the Wonders of God to all who heard them out in the streets and that in a Church setting!!!

Psa 68:11 The Lord gives the word; THE WOMEN WHO ANNOUNCE THE NEWS ARE A GREAT HOST: (ESV)

Loyal
Would it not be so much simpler to grasp that this had nothing to do with the Church but was a part of, came from the 613 hand written laws.

It's falls right in with the huge misunderstood topic of long hair on a man and shaved head of a woman.

It's void, null and of no truth unless you are Jew and still trying to live under the old law.
Blessings

Not to mention Our Lord and God gave Himself into the care of his mother Mary to rear , guide and raise Him. God is sweet!
But that being said women have roles and they are not to take men's . I think the gender thing is being taken out of context. For me God has set man as the head.
God is good, I like my husband in charge, I like the strength of God shown through men. A strong man is one who is in God. And the the most feminine woman is the
one who fears the Lord.

Loyal
Add in for my post #2
In both scenarios Paul is talking to the church in Corinth.
Key to both women in church and head coverings is found in 1Cor11:16
But if any man seem to be contentious, we have no such custom, neither the churches of God.

Right there shows you it was from the 613 old laws.

No need for all this long debate.
The church there was dealing with this old custom of the law.

Paul States.....in the NT church there is no such law.

Enjoy your Salvation
Blessings in Christian
WIRED

Curtis, your wife is a blessed woman. Coming out of a lot of legalistic teaching about a woman's place in this world and the body of Christ, it is extremely healing to my soul to hear my brothers in Christ speak in honoring ways of women and to look further than the "letter of the law" to get to the heart of what God was saying.

Even Jesus, when He was being questioned and persecuted for healing on the Sabbath, said to those questioning him and trying to hold him to the letter of the law, "Stop judging by mere appearances but instead judge correctly.".....or in my mind, bluntly "Stop looking at the letter of the law and use your brain to think through matters that aren't black and white." Which by necessity, means you need to really *know* the Father and His character and take a holistic approach to the revealed Word instead of hanging all of your theology on the couple of Bible verses that seem to back up what you've either heard all of your life or that fit in with your own dogmatic approach to a subject.