• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Women’s Dress

Should all women dress as Arab women

• Yes

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • No

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • Not sure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Loyal
Eph. 5:22-25

" Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.

For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.

Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.

Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;"

This is not a dictatorship over women! It's assuming the husband is subject unto Christ.

If the husband submits properly to Christ, the wife will have no problem submitting to the husband.
That's a household code for husbands and wives, not for men to assume headship over women in general.

Active
That's a household code for husbands and wives, not for men to assume headship over women in general.

It's calling for obedience of the wife to her husband. Sounds kinda like leadership to me.

Just as the husband is obedient to Christ, which is definitely leadership.

Active
It's calling for obedience of the wife to her husband. Sounds kinda like leadership to me.

Just as the husband is obedient to Christ, which is definitely leadership.

Paul takes the subjection thing for a women a little further in 1 Tim. 2:11-14. It may be a little tough for some to accept.

"Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.

But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

For Adam was first formed, then Eve.

And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression."

Loyal
Paul takes the subjection thing for a women a little further in 1 Tim. 2:11-14. It may be a little tough for some to accept.

"Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.

But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

For Adam was first formed, then Eve.

And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression."
Yes, I had this in mind in my post 17 yesterday when I mentioned church meetings and marriage. I see no general biblical command beyond these two situations.

Active
Yes, I had this in mind in my post 17 yesterday when I mentioned church meetings and marriage. I see no general biblical command beyond these two situations.

A woman may have a position in the work force over a man, and she may have authority over men, but this is not what Paul is addressing,

He's speaking of Church matters, the things directly concerning the Lord.

A woman is not to have any authority over a man in these matters. It's just that simple.

So would Paul be ok with women pastors we have today? I think he would make it a point to hurt many feelings in these matters.

Loyal
A woman may have a position in the work force over a man, and she may have authority over men, but this is not what Paul is addressing,

He's speaking of Church matters, the things directly concerning the Lord.

A woman is not to have any authority over a man in these matters. It's just that simple.

So would Paul be ok with women pastors we have today? I think he would make it a point to hurt many feelings in these matters.
Yes, Paul is speaking of church matters. The topic of this thread is appropriate women's dress, which is not confined to church meetings

Active
God set men as protectors and guidance providers toward women just as He does so to men. Just because most of us fail miserably at it doesnt mean we should just let them do whatever and be "okay" with it, thats not what God does, and He is our guide. We should forgive them their sins just as God forgives us ours, but we still must care for and provide guidance just as God does to us.
When men no longer see women in lust but instead creatures created by God and ultimately as His children, the mindset has changed.
No matter what she wears, a "hasty judgment" largely disappears and even a rightly less covered woman given temp and all one does NOT feel lust or look her over.
Women are CRAVING men who see all of them and not just their body.

Loyal
When men no longer see women in lust but instead creatures created by God and ultimately as His children, the mindset has changed.
No matter what she wears, a "hasty judgment" largely disappears and even a rightly less covered woman given temp and all one does NOT feel lust or look her over.
Women are CRAVING men who see all of them and not just their body.
God "created" within man the desire for women, to fulfill desire that He created in us. Desire as so created by God is not wrong in any way. He probably had to, otherwise the human race would have died out. Now you can talk about the difference between desire and lust if you wish, but often the two are seen as one and they are not.