• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community.

Join over 10,000 members today

Register Log In

• Hi Guest!

I've added a brand new "Night Mode" option to our site design. I'd greatly appreciate your vote on this poll here.

To switch to or from Light / Night mode simply click on Site Menu icon on top and on the dropdown choose "Switch to Night Mode" or "Switch to Light Mode"

Thank you.

Within the Borders

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
Then the LORD said to Moses, "Come up to Me on the mountain and be there; and I will give you tablets of stone, and the law and commandments which I have written, that you may teach them." Exodus 24:12

Moses was asked to meet God on the mountain. Moses was asked to refuse the impulse to run away. He was offered an incredible opportunity to trust God.

God wrote His heart for mankind on a tablet of stone. Each command pointed to the one thing most important to God--love. If the people really chose to love, they wouldn't take things that didn't belong to them. If they chose to love people, they'd do the things that pleased God. Real love wants the best for others.

God wants you to trust that His commands are borders that keep you close to His best. If you go beyond His borders, you'll hurt others. And you will hurt yourself.

Your connection with God is just as real as the mountaintop experience was for Moses. And know this: God has something to tell you. Decide that you'll believe He has something better for you when you live within the boundaries He's designed for your benefit.

Prayer: Lord, help me remember Your commands are for my protection and not because You want to keep me from things I want. Help me trust that Your best plan requires that I respect boundaries.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Chad Sermons & Podcasts 0
B-A-C Bible Discussions 157
ladylovesJesus Devotionals 0