• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

With You Always

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
"Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, "teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, [even] to the end of the age." Amen. Matthew 28:19-20

Jesus made it clear to His disciples that instead of returning to their old jobs they would be world changers. They weren't to stay home. They were to bring the Good News they'd heard to people of every nation. Just as they were disciple by Jesus, they were to disciple others. They were to lead by example. They had marching orders and the world was their mission field.

If the disciples had any doubts as to the sanity of this new venture, they were to step forth in courage after Jesus left. The trust they had in Him would enable them to do great things.

You've also been given a big job. Learn, then share what you've learned. Obey, then encourage others to obey. Identify with Jesus, then invite others to trust. The benefit? Jesus said, "I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

Prayer: Dear God, help me to remember that every generation needs to hear Your message and every generation needs ambassadors to share that message. May I use my voice, actions, and life to share the truth that even today You are with Your children.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
ladylovesJesus Devotionals 0
jaboyle100 Devotionals 1
Christ4Ever Devotionals 0