• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Will Woke Destroy Marvel Cinematic Universe?

Will Woke Destroy Marvel Cinematic Universe?

• Yes, because it is destroying Disney

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I do not know

• I do not care

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Only watch Marvel movies that do not have woke in it

• MCU is not being fair in how they introduced Chavez as an unknown character

• MCU "Eternals" movie had no familiar MCU character & was not a family movie

• MCU are pushing the sexual immoral line as if there is no sexual immorality

• Other opinions, join up and reply below making your voice heard

• Total voters
The apostle John did not devote himself to the pleasures of the body. That is what is being quoted below that I reject.

3. For the doctrine which he taught was this: that the kingdom of Christ will be an earthly one. And as he was himself devoted to the pleasures of the body and altogether sensual in his nature, he dreamed that that kingdom would consist in those things which he desired, namely, in the delights of the belly and of sexual passion; that is to say, in eating and drinking and marrying, and in festivals and sacrifices and the slaying of victims, under the guise of which he thought he could indulge his appetites with a better grace. [2341]

Since the apostle John had written this below which is the opposite of what was written above;

1 John 2:15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.
18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.
19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.
20 But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things.
21 I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth.

26 These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you.
27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.
28 And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming.
29 If ye know that he is righteous, ye know that every one that doeth righteousness is born of him.

Then the apostle John could not have written that Apocalypse of John.

So it is not about a reference to Matthew 24:38 or what Paul was referring to when it i a testimony about the author of the Apocalypse of John indulging in those works of the flesh which cannot be the apostle John at all..

I believe the apostle John had written the Book of Revelation before Paul had written the second epistles to the Corinthians since Paul mentioned the apostle John "indirectly" in regards to that Book of Revelation.

2 Corinthians 12:1 It is not expedient for me doubtless to glory. I will come to visions and revelations of the Lord.
2 I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) such an one caught up to the third heaven.
3 And I knew such a man, (whether in the body, or out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;)
4 How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.

I have no doubt that the cult of the Nicolaitanes had existed during that time but that does not validate their claim to be followers of Nicholas of the scriptural reference or affirm that His disciples had engaged in sexual immorality right after the ascension of Christ by permission by Nichloas with Nicholas' wife. Since that is a lie about what had happened after His ascension, then their affiliation with that Nicholas in the scripture has to be a lie also. One can discern that they are only making that claim to lie in justifying their sexual immorality as if one that was with Christ would teach it as such but no..

I agree. I have been led away from watching some entertainment and warned in dreams and otherwise what is not okay for me to watch nor love for entertainment like the recent Star Trek series. There is an underlying theme of the pride of man in what he has accomplished in space travels running underneath all that. Indeed, that grandiose entry theme at the appearance of the Enterprise on screen even in the old series is like .. "look at us now".

I used to work at Wal-Mart and all that "respect for the individual" and open door policy is a sham while store managers and personnel and cash office associates work to devalue associates of their rightful pay and even deny them their sales bonus check. Sam Walton is dead and probably hooked up to a turbine spinning in his grave, powering up the West Coast as they do not suffer from brown outs any more < ----- sarcasm FYI

As if paying 3% below average, 4% average, and 5% average for yearly raises to some associates and not the original 6% average & 8 % above average, plus having another sale of paying associates by 25 cents below average, 30 cents average, ad 35 cents above average at the same time and in the same store...

Proverbs 11:1A false balance is abomination to the Lord: but a just weight is his delight.

I overheard personnel were boasting about a store manager in another supercenter in the next state over was making $ 75,000 plus his salary. Made it sound like he beat the store manager I was serving.

The love of money is the root of all evil, but we as believers are not to resist this evil but suffer being defrauded.

James 5:1Go to now, ye rich men, weep and howl for your miseries that shall come upon you.
2 Your riches are corrupted, and your garments are motheaten.
3 Your gold and silver is cankered; and the rust of them shall be a witness against you, and shall eat your flesh as it were fire. Ye have heaped treasure together for the last days.
4 Behold, the hire of the labourers who have reaped down your fields, which is of you kept back by fraud, crieth: and the cries of them which have reaped are entered into the ears of the Lord of sabaoth.
5 Ye have lived in pleasure on the earth, and been wanton; ye have nourished your hearts, as in a day of slaughter.
6 Ye have condemned and killed the just; and he doth not resist you.
7 Be patient therefore, brethren, unto the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth, and hath long patience for it, until he receive the early and latter rain.
8 Be ye also patient; stablish your hearts: for the coming of the Lord draweth nigh.
9 Grudge not one against another, brethren, lest ye be condemned: behold, the judge standeth before the door.
10 Take, my brethren, the prophets, who have spoken in the name of the Lord, for an example of suffering affliction, and of patience.
11 Behold, we count them happy which endure. Ye have heard of the patience of Job, and have seen the end of the Lord; that the Lord is very pitiful, and of tender mercy.

1 Peter 2:18 Servants, be subject to your masters with all fear; not only to the good and gentle, but also to the froward.
19 For this is thankworthy, if a man for conscience toward God endure grief, suffering wrongfully.
20 For what glory is it, if, when ye be buffeted for your faults, ye shall take it patiently? but if, when ye do well, and suffer for it, ye take it patiently, this is acceptable with God.
21 For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:
22 Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth:
23 Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously:
24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.
25 For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.

I thank the Father in Jesus's name that He is talking care of me regardless of suffering being defrauded in more ways than one. In a Democratic store where they claim they support LGBTQ + ideologies, I doubt they are even respecting them to do right by them in their pay and bonus checks. Such is the state of sinful man. They get worse and worse and only Jesus Christ can save sinners from their sins and to give them eternal life too.

No matter how good a chain store may have started out in, no matter the entertainment, nor matter the government, evil people will always push the boundaries of what to get away with while destroying the good in the future of anything.

Thanks again for sharing.

May God bless you & keep you. May He shine His face upon you & give you His peace.

Signs of the times indeed as I need His help to be watchful and discerning, especially in entertainment so as to not love any of it, even though it tempts me in my imagination, but I would not want to live in a world that denies the reality of Him.
You are reading it out of context. Eusebius is not referencing the Apostle John, he is referencing Nepos an Egyptian Bishop.

What you linked is chapter 25 of Book 7 of his work. If you go back to chapter 24, then you see what he is talking about.
Nepos and his Schism.

1. Besides all these the two books on the Promises [2333] were prepared by him. The occasion of these was Nepos, a bishop in Egypt, who taught that the promises to the holy men in the Divine Scriptures should be understood in a more Jewish manner, and that there would be a certain millennium of bodily luxury upon this earth.

2. As he thought that he could establish his private opinion by the Revelation of John, he wrote a book on this subject, entitled Refutation of Allegorists. [2334]

3. Dionysius opposes this in his books on the Promises. In the first he gives his own opinion of the dogma; and in the second he treats of the Revelation of John, and mentioning Nepos at the beginning, writes of him in this manner:

4. "But since they bring forward a certain work of Nepos, on which they rely confidently, as if it proved beyond dispute that there will be a reign of Christ upon earth, I confess that [2335] in many other respects I approve and love Nepos, for his faith and industry and diligence in the Scriptures, and for his extensive psalmody, [2336] with which many of the brethren are still delighted; and I hold him in the more reverence because he has gone to rest before us. But the truth should be loved and honored most of all. And while we should praise and approve ungrudgingly what is said aright, we ought to examine and correct what does not seem to have been written soundly.

5. Were he present to state his opinion orally, mere unwritten discussion, persuading and reconciling those who are opposed by question and answer, would be sufficient. But as some think his work very plausible, and as certain teachers regard the law and prophets as of no consequence, and do not follow the Gospels, and treat lightly the apostolic epistles, while they make promises [2337] as to the teaching of this work as if it were some great hidden mystery, and do not permit our simpler brethren to have any sublime and lofty thoughts concerning the glorious and truly divine appearing of our Lord, and our resurrection from the dead, and our being gathered together unto him, and made like him, but on the contrary lead them to hope for small and mortal things in the kingdom of God, and for things such as exist now, -- since this is the case, it is necessary that we should dispute with our brother Nepos as if he were present." Farther on he says:
The whole book outlay is here:
Title Page

Active
You are reading it out of context. Eusebius is not referencing the Apostle John, he is referencing Nepos an Egyptian Bishop.

What you linked is chapter 25 of Book 7 of his work. If you go back to chapter 24, then you see what he is talking about.
Nepos and his Schism.
Footnotes has him referencing Dionysius and not Nepos from the earlier chapter. Eusebius did touch on Nepos earlier but this is a different topic and another chapter as seemingly Eusebius has been referencing Dionysius when one looks at the footnotes. I did notice that 2340 footnote is not marked in the writing for the 25th chapter even though it is listed as a footnote for that chapter nor for the 24 chapter.

[2340] Upon the Apocalypse in the early Church, and especially upon Dionysius' treatment of it, see above, Bk. III. chap. 24, note 20.

[2341] A portion of this extract (2 and 3) has been already quoted by Eusebius in Bk. III.[chap. 28.

[2342] Revelation 22:7, 8. Dionysius punctuates this passage peculiarly, and thus interprets it quite differently from all our versions of the Book of Revelation. The Greek text as given by him agrees with our received text of the Apocalypse; but the words kago 'Io?nnes ho akouon kai blepon tauta, which Dionysius connects with the preceding, should form an independent sentence: "And I, John, am he that heard and saw these things."

But thanks for helping me see that Eusebius was quoting another source, but the Apocalypse of John was not written by the apostle John for why that writing should be rejected even if the source he is referencing could not.
The whole book outlay is here:
Title Page
Thanks.

Active
Disney is willingly "going woke". China has a lot more influence than people think.
Entertainment in all forms has been hit with the biggest, most dangerous, most damaging attack.
Twisting and ruining what is normal, good, moral, and ethical into everything evil and vomit inducing.
The list of books, art, movies, tv, etc. that have LGB/T+,
They get angry and upset to the point of slander and physical harm if they find you.
They do not care.
Disney and Hollywood could literally burn today and the world would largely be better for it.

Active
Disney is willingly "going woke". China has a lot more influence than people think.
Entertainment in all forms has been hit with the biggest, most dangerous, most damaging attack.
Twisting and ruining what is normal, good, moral, and ethical into everything evil and vomit inducing.
The list of books, art, movies, tv, etc. that have LGB/T+,
They get angry and upset to the point of slander and physical harm if they find you.
They do not care.
Disney and Hollywood could literally burn today and the world would largely be better for it.
Makes me wonder if the people of China knows this because China has been denigrating America as an immoral nation. Would this upset the Chinese seeing how China is behind this trend in America?

Active
@GodB4Us They are behind it all.
We are their biggest threat. If China can do as much damage as it can then they can become #1 dictators.
God didn't make us doormats and such evil is going to be angry the harder we fight against them.

Active
@GodB4Us They are behind it all.
We are their biggest threat. If China can do as much damage as it can then they can become #1 dictators.
God didn't make us doormats and such evil is going to be angry the harder we fight against them.
I believe the LGBTQ + should wake up to this and remove the legislation that empowers the bullies in their transgender communities by demanding all Americans yield to their special pronouns because all that does is give people a reason not to speak with them or go near them, unless otherwise have already established a rapport or friendship with them. Not all transgenders are for that legislation in California for misgendering where the penalty is $1000 - $2,500 in fines and/or one year in jail. Talk about empowering tyranny to the minute minority.

A couple of decades ago it was wrong to say black instead of African Americans. Now you can say both. They could not pass legislation because they knew the majority of black communities are not bothered by it & would vote against it whereas the LGBTQ + are a minority that those political and socially active are bullies in all respect per the case of Scarlett Johansson where she was bullied and issued death threat in social media for taking that role of a transgender mobster in a movie. This exposed the LGBTQ communities and the NBC National news per Lestor Holt for supporting it as it costed the LGBTQ + their support, and they considered that as an attack. It is like they can do no evil & will not apologize for that when Scarlett Johansson was supporting that community and she even apologized to them for it when they should have complained politely to the casting director of that said movie. None of the cast from Avengers nor Eleen Degeneres defended her by shooting down that cause for doing so as if she cannot act nor portray that role well enough.

LGBTQ Nation even intimidated Tom Hanks into saying about him never playing a role of a homosexual again. Tom Hanks explains why he wouldn’t play the gay role he played in “Philadelphia” today

It's called "acting". That is how they get awards.

Should they berate and give death threats to Anthony Hopkins for plying the role of a serial killer? Or how about Jodie Foster in playing an F.B.I. agent that profiles? Or why not Melissa Benoist for playing Supergirl because how realistically can she play Supergirl when she isn't really a Kryptonian? This is nonsense. This is called acting. You get awards for that when you pull it off.

Now they are trying to mess with Disney and Paramount Pictures including a transgender in that new Star Trek series "Strange New World". Can you see the barbs that would be exchanged between Kirk & McCoy about Vulcans or Spock being human as Spock would towards their humanities or marked as if he was insulted for casting humanity on him? There can be no such exchange between Spock and the transgender because you cannot do that in the real world with all that legislation; for here would be more in Starfleet, now wouldn't there be?

In the real world, the transgender can lie about their special pronoun and what the judge going to do? They do not have a Transgender Registration Accord to prevent that like they did with the Sokovia Accord in the MCU in having heroes come forth and register with the world's government.

Remember that young brave black woman that complained to the BLM protesters about not vandalizing the stores in her neighborhoods in the time of the pandemic when the black communities need to rely on them? Only black people can stop vandalism and riots in BLM protests just as only LGBTQ communities can tell legislature to remove laws against misgendering because all it does is alienate transgenders even more.

In Longmire the TV series, a female deputy named Vic was getting annoyed with that temporary hired consultant for tracking a bear because he keeps calling her Vickie. She told him one more time and that is it; and that he was to call her Vic or Victoria but not Vickie. The consultant complied because he wants to have a relationship of some sort with her.

So it has to be with transgenders. If people are going to keep ignoring their special pronoun, then better to know they are not friends now than later on somehow when enforced to say their special pronoun.

And what is it with attacking comedians? Eddie Murphy was attacked for saying gay jokes. He also said black jokes and even used the "n" word too. There are dumb blonde jokes and Polock jokes & etc.. The LGBTQ communities needs to join the rest of American and have a thick skin. So why are they being treated with extra special privilege? This is the very empowering tyranny that is happening and they cannot see that this is alienating them as the new Nazis thugs.

I see this as all part of the New World Order's agenda because with the controlled media, they can incite a civil war so they can call in NATO and turn America into a police state. Fox News is run by Democrats and Tucker is a registered Democrat. So I see them as part of the ruse by the NWO to incite a civil war.

But God will continue to defeat their over all plans and may even get the LGBTQ Nation to change their tunes quickly to undermine their efforts. Would it be surprising to find out that LGBTQ.Org do not care about LGBTQ communities at all just like Black Lives Matter ,Org did, but just want to share the spotlight in the news to get fundings as if they are helping whomever is being victimized, if at all, in some recent news?

I suppose it may be possible for God to wake up the LGBTQ communities just to defeat the New World's order agenda and once they remove laws against misgendering, then maybe fans may tolerate the LGBTQ theme being promoted in the entertainment circle as they would be then tolerating others like Americans. Of course, Christians should be praying that the Father may draw them unto the Son to believe in Him for eternal life and to deliver them from that sin of homosexuality and other sins to be found abiding in Him as His disciples and not just for getting saved.

Praying for them now.

Active
@GodB4Us
There isn't as many of them as they say there are. There are "trans-trenders" and other types who do it for attention, validation, and cultural acceptance. They are lacking social experience so they put most of themselves online. That is another topic.
Once a group wants and pushed for special rights and protections above others that is a red flag. That mentality is dangerous.
People call European-Americans "white" with no problem including slurs. I don't care. It's a descriptor nothing more. Another fun fact, 99% of blacks and others who whine about AA have never been there.
MSM knows how to push buttons and they know where the action and drama is. Only independent new sources (not many) are journalists and give accurate reporting.
My best friend of 20 years is gay and you wouldn't know it if you met him. This type of "gay" are the ones who wouldn't do as the rest and don't act as if it was everything.
Every time an actor opens their face hole about something to the point of giving interviews and insults to the rest of us, it ruins them. Looks like Captain America fell to communism.
I've never met an actor more than at a convention. I'm only going to judge them on their acting and actions.
I'm no fan of Hanks since he opened his face hole. I'm no fan of Benoist.
There is a line and "they" have no problem crossing it. God didn't make us doormats.
Everybody lies.
I like Bill Burr and Ricky Gervais as comedians. You might not care for some of their opinions but their comedy and "I don't care." attitude on someone getting "offended" is epic.
In all this I think God is testing us and our patience. Yesterday the Georgia Guide stones were destroyed!!
Most importantly, more people should learn that "Disagreement is not hate."

Active
@GodB4Us
There isn't as many of them as they say there are. There are "trans-trenders" and other types who do it for attention, validation, and cultural acceptance. They are lacking social experience so they put most of themselves online. That is another topic.
Once a group wants and pushed for special rights and protections above others that is a red flag. That mentality is dangerous.
People call European-Americans "white" with no problem including slurs. I don't care. It's a descriptor nothing more. Another fun fact, 99% of blacks and others who whine about AA have never been there.
MSM knows how to push buttons and they know where the action and drama is. Only independent new sources (not many) are journalists and give accurate reporting.
My best friend of 20 years is gay and you wouldn't know it if you met him. This type of "gay" are the ones who wouldn't do as the rest and don't act as if it was everything.
Every time an actor opens their face hole about something to the point of giving interviews and insults to the rest of us, it ruins them. Looks like Captain America fell to communism.
I've never met an actor more than at a convention. I'm only going to judge them on their acting and actions.
I'm no fan of Hanks since he opened his face hole. I'm no fan of Benoist.
There is a line and "they" have no problem crossing it. God didn't make us doormats.
Everybody lies.
I like Bill Burr and Ricky Gervais as comedians. You might not care for some of their opinions but their comedy and "I don't care." attitude on someone getting "offended" is epic.
In all this I think God is testing us and our patience. Yesterday the Georgia Guide stones were destroyed!!
Most importantly, more people should learn that "Disagreement is not hate."
Revelation 22:15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

That verse above do testify to the deplorable state of trans trender.

They need our prayers just as much as any other sinner does.

Active
@GodB4Us They need far more than that. If all we do is pray then the end result is largely ineffective.
Pardon me if you misunderstood me but I was referring to fighting by words as in against the evil principalities of this world rather than by a physical fight. But yes, we can also pray since it is on God to cause the increase since it will not be done by a persuasion of a man's speech.