• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Will God forgive my friend?

Hello,
This is not an easy thing for me to talk about, so pls forgive me for not going into details.
I had a friend who used to be a really sensitive and loving Christian, but then he started having doubts and fell into serious depression. He was hanging out with junkies, and was lured into doing drugs. I tried to talk to him, but he shut me out of his life. He was an inexperienced drug user, a few months ago, he ingested a combination of intravenous drugs and he OD. He was pronounced dead. Although we weren't that close, it was the most traumatizing experience of my life. I'm mad at myself for not having tried harder to help him, and i'm mad at him for abusing himself like that. Now, I find myself afraid for him, will God forgive him??where is he now???

There will be an answer bye and bye
For the times we've wondered why
For the tears life made is cry
There will be an answer bye and bye

One thing is sure, God is a mercyful God, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.

Administrator
Staff Member
Its not for us to assume who went were after their death. That is solely in GOD's hands and nothing we can do to change it. As much as it hurts, keep in mind that GOD gives everyone their free choice and free will to do as they please whether good or bad. We all mess up for sure, some to greater degrees but as brother Stephen said, GOD is merciful.

However, once your done (death) there is no 2nd second after. Your change to live for GOD and believe in Jesus is solely on earth alone.

First, I'm very sorry about it.
Second, what you know of him, is what he has been telling you, and what you have been seeing.

Only God knows how he really felt about God deep inside his heart, maybe he did believe actually, but was too hurt to admit it, for any reason that might made him angry with God.

I know I've been angry at God alot before, but I never doubted his existense and his salvation for me, I just didn't understand why certain things were happening.

Luke 23:39-43

" 39 One of the criminals who were hanged railed at him,saying, "Are you not the Christ? Save yourself and us!" 40 But the other rebuked him, saying, "Do you not fear God, since you are under the same sentence of condemnation? And we indeed justly, for we are receiving the due reward of our deeds; but this man has done nothing wrong." 42And he said, "Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom." 43And he said to him, "Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in Paradise."

I bet the Jews who were gathered and watching thought that the 3 men on the crosses, will be sent to hell, truth is, you never know what goes between a person and God, it is a relationship.

Staff Member
Greetings ~saved~,

Yes, when a Christian doubts, it does and will lead into depression, for without Christ, we have no hope, and in doubting all joy is cast aside.

It is in believing that we have life and freedom and safety from depression and other destructive forces against our soul.

Now, Jesus died for the sins of the world. If your friend sinned in taking drugs and consequently overdosing, ask yourself this:
did Jesus die for your friend's sin? or just for yours and mine?

James 2:13 For he shall have judgment without mercy, that hath shewed no mercy; and mercy rejoiceth against judgment.

The Lord judges the heart... it is not for us to judge another's heart.
The Lord knows why this friend fell into doubt and why in depression he took to drugs to hide from it.
It is sad that your friend did not have the support he may have benefited from in a local church fellowship, but you must not take the blame upon yourself. There is no blame, excepting the devil, who offers up lies and beckons people with deceit. The devil is judged already.

Can I suggest you turn your being mad at yourself into positive action. If, through your friend's death, you commit to serve the Lord in helping others in the future, your friend's death is not a waste, but rather can be a time that changed your life around and so helped many others who you might not have helped had your friend not died in that manner.

I can not bring back the many friends who I have seen die, but I can determine to help those who still live, with God's help.

May you see the beautiful moments of God's grace and mercy in your life and have much joy and hope to share with those you meet.

Bless you,

Br. Bear

Thank you guys for your honest, helpful words. I'm feeling a little comforted now. It's probably going to take me a while to accept the truth and come to terms with his death. After that incident, i've been left feeling kinda hopeless and lost myself, but now ive learned to trust God's decision and that His judgement will be the right one.